detailing room - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 05, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

detailing room

how about a detailing room?
sounds good to me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

434 stroker
US Navy retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 05, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

Re: detailing room

anyone?

434 stroker
US Navy retired

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 05, 06:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

As in a separate forum for questions, answers, and "how I (you) did it's" relating just to detailing? I like it!

A "Progress reports" forum would be cool, too!

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 05, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

thks I thought it would help others when detailing their rides.

434 stroker
US Navy retired

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 05, 06:21 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Do you mean like restoration style detail work, or the washing/waxing/cleaning type of detail work?

dave

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 05, 06:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

hmmm, judging from the pics I've seen of Dawgs car, I think he means "cool little touches" mostly under the hood. Restoration type detailing might fit, too, except we all ready have a forum for that.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 05, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Harry

i think both would be appropriate

434 stroker
US Navy retired

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 05, 04:15 AM
Senior Tech

Best Detailing Forum on the web....Geared towards new cars but in my opinion, there's no better source for learning about all the detailing products that are out there.

http://autopia.org/

Dan
'68 Camaro Convertible

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 05, 12:22 PM

I'm new here and was looking for the "detailing" forum to ask a question. After not finding one, I searched for detailing and found this thread. Basically, yeah I think that's a needed addition to the site!

We have a detailing forum on FLCFA.net but that's mostly 4th gen cars and I was looking to ask a 1st gen specific question.

Hope you guys give it some thought.
(where should I ask my question?)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 05, 01:32 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Under the current format I would look for and use the paint and body forum for washing, waxing and general detailing questions and answers. For details like dash mods, underhood routing of wires etc I would go to the appropiate forum like interiors or engines and of course there is always General Tech where we could use these types of tech question and less chit chat questions that the mods are always moving to bench racing.

I can't speak for Al who controls the look and feel of the site but the mods stay busy in the forums we have with misplaced topics. Having fewer forums actually solves that as each forum gets a wider scope of topics. Adding more forums tends to create more mis communication. A great example is the Restoration forum I moderate. The subheading says "where correctness counts" Every week I move queastions about alum radiators, custom interiors and other general restoration questions that have nothing to do with restoring a car to it's correct stature or what is a correct part for a specific car.

Al tries to give us what we want but when we see people don't read or interpete what the forums intent is we have to look hard at if it's worth generating more work for everyone to keep the site in order. Any way just a bit of insight from this angle...

What I could see possible happening is subtopics like in the Archive forum. Maybe Paint and Body could have a subtopic called "Detailing (keeping that show shine looking like new)" Again any changes are Al's call...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode