Birthdays - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 07, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver
Birthdays

Just a thought...

I usually go on the site at least once a day, but sometimes I forget to look at the "Today's Birthday" section. When I do remember, and I see someone there I know, I always think, "Dang... haven't looked there in a couple of days... hope I didn't miss anyone". Then I go back through the posts since the last time I think I checked to see if I forgot anyone.

You know how it is... remember a week later that your sister from out of state had a birthday a week ago, and you feel like crap. What if, just above the "Today's Borthday's" section there was a "This Week's Birthdays" section. then we could scan through the next 7 days and plan ahead? Or am I the only one that has this problem?

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 07, 09:09 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Birthdays

I searched through the hacks for this software and nothing is available that will do this.
It might have something to do with the extra processing that it would take each time the page gets called.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 07, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Bummer. Well Al, since I figure you have nothing but time on your hands I thought you could just create a spreadsheet of all the members with all their birthdays, add the new members to it daily, sort it every night, figure out what the next 7 day's worth of birthdays are, and email all the members nightly with the "Birthdays this Week" list. Then you could compile a secoind "Anniversary" list of when we joined and do the same. Finally, you could keep track of who is friends with who and, if they missed a post to a "Happy Birthday" thread you could give them a phone call just as a reminder. If you can't reach them then all you would have to do is send a priority mail alert. Just a thought but, them on second thought, maybe not (j/k)

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 07, 06:54 AM
Retired
Jim

when they make a day with 36 hours in it, Im sure Al will do that project I miss a few Bdays too. but thats life. Better miss a buddies Bday than your wife's right?

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 07, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

OK - guess I'll put in the request (again) for longer days. We'll see what happens. In the meantime I guess I'll have to remember to check the bottom of the screen.

Fortunately haven't missed one of the wife's B-days yet, but there's still time.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 07, 09:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: Birthdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
OK - guess I'll put in the request (again) for longer days...
The day is a little longer on Mars* Steve - it might just be easier for you to move there ...

Just trying to help;
John

* - aren't we (men) supposed to be from there anyway

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 07, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

"Steve is from Mars, normal TC members are from earth" --- I think I read that somewhere............................

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 06:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Quote:
Bummer. Well Al, since I figure you have nothing but time on your hands I thought you could just create a spreadsheet of all the members with all their birthdays, add the new members to it daily, sort it every night, figure out what the next 7 day's worth of birthdays are, and email all the members nightly with the "Birthdays this Week" list. Then you could compile a secoind "Anniversary" list of when we joined and do the same. Finally, you could keep track of who is friends with who and, if they missed a post to a "Happy Birthday" thread you could give them a phone call just as a reminder. If you can't reach them then all you would have to do is send a priority mail alert. Just a thought but, them on second thought, maybe not (j/k)
WOW, by the length of your post, it seems you are the one with too much time to think and type (it would have taken me 20 minutes to peck that much)....

I usually depend on others to initiate a "Happy Birthday" post, cause I forget to look too. Most the time the birthday club is members who haven't been active for some time anyway. If it's a name I recognize and it hasn't already been started I may start it. So if you pay better attention and start the post, I won't have to worry about it...

Seriously, I didn't enter my date on my info because I don't need to be reminded that I'm too old for my brain... Don't loose too much sleep over it Steve.

...38 Chev coupe, street rod
...54 Chev 210 coupe
...62 Impala SS, driver/project
...67 Camaro, ss/rs LA built driver/project
...66 Chevelle SS, Atlanta built 138 driver/project
...69 C10, cab and clip may end up on the '89 rollback
...70 Chevelle SS, Canadian documented Z25 project
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD88IROC View Post
.... So if you pay better attention and start the post, I won't have to worry about it......
I suffer from AADD - Adult Attneion Def.......... sorry.... gotta go... I just saw something.......later

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 08:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Quote:
I suffer from AADD - Adult Attneion Def.......... sorry.... gotta go... I just saw something.......later

WHAT !!!! The wife walk by in her new string bikini ??

...38 Chev coupe, street rod
...54 Chev 210 coupe
...62 Impala SS, driver/project
...67 Camaro, ss/rs LA built driver/project
...66 Chevelle SS, Atlanta built 138 driver/project
...69 C10, cab and clip may end up on the '89 rollback
...70 Chevelle SS, Canadian documented Z25 project
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 12:33 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Birthdays...I have had too many of them...these days birthdays to me are a more personal family thing, its more the family dropping in for dinner, watching them all fooling around together, thats more important than the actual birthday.
Thu 30, 40, 50 birthdays are great for party time, Sheep on a spit (old school Robin Hood Style )and stuff like that..

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode