Buddy List - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 07, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver
Buddy List

What is the Buddy List and how does it work?

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 07, 10:16 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Buddy List

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 07, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Thanks Al.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I knew there must be something more than just putting names on a list... QUICK LINKS - yet another functionality I never have never even explored. Just slap me areound like the rest of the crew if I go too far down the road to ignoramus

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 07, 06:31 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Send a message via MSN to 19HoosierDaddies67

I was wondering the same thing. Cool.

1967 Convertible Camaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of Cool Runnin Camaros:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 07, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

(Must be a California thing)

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 07, 05:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
Thanks Al.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! I knew there must be something more than just putting names on a list... QUICK LINKS - yet another functionality I never have never even explored. Just slap me areound like the rest of the crew if I go too far down the road to ignoramus
Hey there buddy.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 07, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Humm...... ummmm...... ah, Gary? did you notice that my last post to this was in mid-April? Did you enter a time warp, or has that paint for your Z gotten to you? j/k

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 07, 05:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Yes I noticed. Have you noticed how slow the traffic is in this section?

I only check here every couple of months. You came back after 2 months.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 07, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

You're right. I only check in here periodically myself. If I could just win the lotto then I could stay home and cruise TC all day, and I would be able to read every post in every forum. I guess than would mean I have to actually buy a ticket

I have no idea how the Admin's and Mods keep up with it all.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 07, 09:29 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
I have no idea how the Admin's and Mods keep up with it all.
The "New Posts" button, or if you've been away too long to really catch up... the "Today's Posts" button and just read through, or at least skim every post

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 07, 12:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Have you noticed that every body is your buddy after a few to many.

Your my besstes buudy ever
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 07, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Buddy Beer (hic)

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 07, 11:40 AM
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to heatsinker

Hey friends, Just wanted to mention that anyone you put on your "Buddy List" also shows up with a " + " sign after their forum name on the list of active users on the main screen.........My thoughts are to allow quicker recognitition when you are scanning who's online.

Keith
1967 L-35 SS

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 07, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

So that's what the + sign is... good call

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode