The Classifieds mostly dealers? - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
JWA
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

The Classifieds mostly dealers?

Looks like lately the classifieds are mainly from dealers. Is there any way to regulate that? Seems like a bunch of free space for them and I don't think that is right. Just my opinion

Addicted to projects...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I just wanna drive........
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 07:31 PM

Re: The Classifieds mostly dealers?

I thought the same thing, but now I have mixed emotions. If they are dealers with nice cars and /or parts, what does it hurt? I think there is (was?) a limit on the number of classified ads one can run here. (Maybe 6?) Anyway, I hear what you are saying though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 05, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech

Talking Re: The Classifieds mostly dealers?

Spoken like a true dealer......... Bob's alright though, at least he doesn't act like one!!!!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 08:23 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Not sure how best to cover that Jeff. We are still fixing some bugs in the program - the total sold keeps dropping for some reason. After that we are doing more tweaking and am open to suggestions as to how to manage the ads.
A dealer only category that lists cars for sale? or ?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 10:12 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

Cool Re: The Classifieds mostly dealers?

Al,

I like the"Dealer Only" catagory for classifieds. That way if you really want to check that section out you know up front. Thanks

1967 Chevelle 496BB/TH400/Dana-60 (Show and Go)
1967 El Camino 388SB/700R4/12-bolt posi (Daily Driver)
1967 C10 Short-Wide 496BB/TH400/12-bolt (The Shop Truck)
2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider

Chris @
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 10:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Why not just have the dealers indentify their ad as such. Then all the ads will still be together but you'll know for sure if it's a dealer ad. Now how to impose that rule I'd have no idea.

Robert

355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 12:39 PM
Team Member
Christropher

I think it's just being picky and it doesn't really matter. If you call and it's a dealer, and you don't want to buy anything from one, say no thanks and hang up. Keep it all in one spot makes it easy to look at ALL the items/cars you might be interested in. There's no reason to split it up except to make the non-dealer folks feel special. Meh, I say. Also to tag each seller as a dealer or not would be difficult at best to authenticate, and add even more work to our already busy admins here.

No, I'm not a dealer and I don't like to buy from them either....unless they have the part I need and for the right price; which if they do, I want to know it's out there.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 01:36 PM
Senior Tech
Dano

Typically, dealers "start high" in their prices (more so than regular Joe's), so it makes comperable cars look almost affordable. I too think it's no big deal. just a tiny little thing to deal with. I'm sure Al has MUCH bigger problems to work through

Dano

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode