Forum Classifieds - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 05, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

Forum Classifieds

I received an email notice to cancel or renew my Team Camaro Ad.

The Email looked like this:

Quote:
OverAnxious, your ad on Team Camaro is going to expire in 2 days.

If you have not sold your product and wish to renew your ad for an additional 7 days, please click on the link below:

https://www.camaros.net/classifieds/e...hp?resell=3884

If you have sold your item, please let us know by clicking on this link:

https://www.camaros.net/classifieds/e....php?sold=3884

Thank you!
I have multiple Ads listed here. How can I tell at a glance which Ad this email is referring to? Can you include the Ad title in the email by chance?

I ended up logging into the site, going to the classified section, listing My Ads.
I then had to hover the cursor over each Ad hyperlink and see the number at the end of the URL to ensure I didn't cancel the wrong Ad.

I think it would really help to include some type of identifyer in the notification email if possible.

Thanks!
Joe

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 05, 10:43 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Forum Classifieds

Hi Joe. I agree, but the developers don't. They don't think this is a problem and clearly it is.
I haven't given up but it's sure a slow process as the classifieds is a sideline for them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 05, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al
Hi Joe. I agree, but the developers don't. They don't think this is a problem and clearly it is.
I haven't given up but it's sure a slow process as the classifieds is a sideline for them.
Thanks for the info Al.
The new Classified setup is a nice addition to the site

Joe

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 08:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dr. JW Prentice

This is a big deal. The developers seem to assume that someone only has 1 ad running. When more than one is running, asking someone to act on a system generated number (ad number) is a waste of time.

They should just select and display title in the notice where ad number is equal to 'n'.

It's impossible to have a valid certificate of authenticity without verifying that it is not a rebody.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 04:13 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

don't get me going on those guys. SIX, 6 hours on that program already today and still not done....

One kind fellow (not the developers) gave me some code so the email now says: hello "username" your ad on "site" name with the title of "titlename" is about to expire, so we will see if that works. I never seen your post until now Hylton so your timing is right on the money.

One big issue has been the items sold. If someone gets a renewal notice and keeps clicking it (to make sure), it messes things up. I've given up trying to get help on that one and implemented my own little method about 15 minutes ago which I hope will work.

I do believe the program has a number of nice features and will someday be great, (the developers have other programs which are their bread and butter) but for those of us trying to make it work in it's infancy, it's a killer.

Thanks for everyone's patience.
Al
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 04:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dr. JW Prentice

That sounds like it will work Al. As long as there is some sort of reference to the ad content (such as ad Title) things should be good!

Thanks,
Hylton

It's impossible to have a valid certificate of authenticity without verifying that it is not a rebody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode