Zip code feature in classifieds - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jim

Zip code feature in classifieds

Does anyone know why the zip code feature doesnt work for me in the classifieds? I am in wisconsin and it gives me a distance of 31 miles for cars located in Louisiana (1000 mi away).

Thanks-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 08:25 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Zip code feature in classifieds

Never has worked right for me either. meh.

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 08:55 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

About all I can suggest is to delete your cookies for camaros.net, then when you go back to the classifieds the box will show up allowing you to re-enter your zip.

All it takes is one missing letter or a typo and it's messed up until you reset your cookies.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 09:58 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

I just checked it on a couple of items and it worked fine. Try a different zip code near you. Mine calculated ok 53157 Pell Puddle,WI.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 05, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jim

I tried clearing my cookies and all files in the temp Internet files with no luck. All I get when i enter any zip is the box reappears and nothing is entered...

I am hoping to find a car close to me and this would sure help..If anyone has any advice I would sure appreciate it,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 05, 05:13 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

If the box is not taking your zip code, then perhaps your security settings are too high or something like norton personal firewall is configured to stop them.

check under Tools > Internet Options > privacy in your browser and see if the settings are higher than medium, although you are able to post here, so that impies they are working. I'll look into it further, we are due for an upgrade so will try and slip that in to see if it helps.
Al
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 05, 01:17 AM
JWA
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

If it doesn't work on lthe main page or a list of different ads, try it on a specific ad. That usally will set the cookie and then it will show up on the other ads. I have had to do this off and on. Seems it never works just on the list of ads but on a specific ad it sets the cookie and then shows up correct on the list.

Addicted to projects...
I just wanna drive........
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 05, 07:38 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Will check that out. thanks Jeff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode