CRT-*Camaro* Rescue Team - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Smile CRT-*Camaro* Rescue Team

I had an idea while Christmas shopping this evening.. I was wondering about all the people that frequent this site that might be traveling this season. I know that one of my concerns about traveling with my Camaro (when it actually runs :-} ) is what happens if it breaks down, and it is something serious? I can't park my car outside unattended. I certainly can't leave it on the side of the road anywhere.. I don't want it towed to a shop that I am not familiar with, and if after hours will be left outside on a lot. So, this is what I came up..

Perhaps we can put up a sticky, or reserve a place somewhere on the site that we can store information at that may be of benefit to each other when we are traveling away from our home state, or any distance far enough away that we can't reach our tools to fix our problems.

I for one, can offer the following:
A safe place to store your car for a couple days (inside a secured, locked, alarm monitored shop)
Access to a four post, and/or drive-on lift-whichever you need
Access to ANY tool you can think of to help you fix most any problem (Over $100,000.00 dollars worth of Snap-On, Matco, & Cornwal tools)
Access to engine pulling/installation equipment
Snap-On Scanner to scan any Check Engine Light, or Service Engine Soon Light
Air compressor
Floor jacks
Tank of gas
Ability to rebuild/repair rear ends
Towing service with very good rates

In addition, I am available pretty much 24/7 to help you secure your car should it break down and need to be towed to a place where you can work on it.

This does not have to specifically apply to Camaros-the offer is open to anyone who might be traveling and in need of help.

I am in Houston, TX, right off of FM 1960, close to Willowbrook Mall.

Maybe we can develop a sort of database so that travelers can search by city for others willing to offer their help and assistance. I know that I would feel much more comfortable knowing that the city(ies) that I was traveling to
have Camaro friendly people there that can offer assistance should I need it.

I offer my assistance for FREE for REAL EMERGENCIES...

1969 383CI, T-56, 12 bolt-3.31 posi, 13" C5 Rotors, PBR Calipers, rear disc system..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 05, 07:23 PM
Senior Tech

Re: CRT-*Camaro* Rescue Team

Not bad. I have heard during the Power Tour foloks do great things for one another, this could be an extension of that benevolence.

Merry Christmas-

Rob

Robert

'69 X-33 since 1984

"Its all crazy..."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 05:15 AM
Kevin

There is a support team for GMC motorhomes. If you own one and participate in the listservs, there is a list of peoples name and locations and services they can provide. That way if a GMC breaks down, there is help nearby.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 05:27 AM
Senior Tech
John Fivian

Good idea. We had a thread that someone posted that had a link to a map and most people posted where they lived, maybe we could recreate that and use it as the 'sticky' thread. I for one, live in Anniston AL, halfway between ATL and Birmingham and could offer 'rescue' service for the area of N.E. Alabama. I've got a 18 foot open car hauler and garage space / tools.
I'll be headed to Kettering Ohio for Christmas (might see some of yall that are from there?!) but will be back to AL before the new year.

John Fivian
68 327
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 06:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Buck

Thumbs up Re: CRT-*Camaro* Rescue Team

When will you be in Kettering? I'd like to meet up with you if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHunter
Good idea. We had a thread that someone posted that had a link to a map and most people posted where they lived, maybe we could recreate that and use it as the 'sticky' thread. I for one, live in Anniston AL, halfway between ATL and Birmingham and could offer 'rescue' service for the area of N.E. Alabama. I've got a 18 foot open car hauler and garage space / tools.
I'll be headed to Kettering Ohio for Christmas (might see some of yall that are from there?!) but will be back to AL before the new year.

(far superior to the Pontiac Phoenix)

The Internet. It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 06:44 AM
Senior Tech
John Fivian

Buck - Im thinking I will get up there either Christmas night, or around noon'ish on the 26th and will probably be in Kettering until the morning of the 27th, then a quick trip to Columbus for the night of the 27th, then take off early the 28th and head back to AL. Its kind of a fast trip, my old HS friends are having a get-together the night of the 26th. I believe my friends parents house is on Whisteria (sp?) lane. The party, and the house Im staying at on the night of the 25th and 26th is right near the First United Methodist Church near Lincoln Park, and down the road from Fairmont. Is that anywhere near you? I know Kettering is a pretty spread out town, but heck, being in Dayton alone is close enough to swing by for a visit if our schedules work out. I went to HS in Oakwood (please don't hold that against me, you can see where my friends went to school
It would be cool to meet one of the smart guys from T/C (you'll be stuck meeting a not-so smart guy, sorry

John Fivian
68 327
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 07:01 AM
Retired
Jim

Free map of TC members, go ahead and add your own if you haven't yet.

Map

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 05, 07:30 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I think having a good buddy travelers resourse is a great idea but I want to share the down side and then make a suggestion... Anything published here (info a traveling member would need) phone number, address, tools available, types of storage and trailers or tow vehicle becomes public information and we would be setting ourselves up for scams, theft and worse!

Since we have established a paid membership which includes an area on the web only paid members have access to, something like this would be in a much safer place as a membership. Even better Al already has something in place on the Chevelle site's members area that we might convince him to setup here.

I truly don't suggest this to keep something from a non paying user of this site it's a mater of personal security. The paid area really takes the edge off of something like this... Using something like the frapper map and including personal info is opening yourself up for even a larger audiance that it would get in a public area here on the site...

I'm moving this to site discussion as it's something I think merrits really looking into...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 05, 06:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Putting personal info on the Frapper map is probably not a good idea... but using theFrapper map (or something similar) to determine the TC user id's in a particular location, is.

Also, could we make the frapper map a sticky? It's kinda fallen off the view, in fact a search for Frapper only came up with this post. I am going to start a new post with the frapper map link in bench now, but my "sticky power" does not extend to that forum!

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 05, 07:01 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by Go69:
I for one, can offer the following:
A safe place to store your car for a couple days (inside a secured, locked, alarm monitored shop)
Access to a four post, and/or drive-on lift-whichever you need
Access to ANY tool you can think of to help you fix most any problem (Over $100,000.00 dollars worth of Snap-On, Matco, & Cornwal tools)
Access to engine pulling/installation equipment
Snap-On Scanner to scan any Check Engine Light, or Service Engine Soon Light
Air compressor
Floor jacks
Tank of gas
Ability to rebuild/repair rear ends
Towing service with very good rates
Will you please adopt me?

'67 Marina Blue Convertible. L30, PG. All numbers match, 41k original miles.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode