Hello managment - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Thumbs down Hello managment

Why would you move my post to the classified forum??????? I'm not selling, just want to find out prices at this time. If I get no responses can I put in back?

Thanks

06A 1969 Camaro Z28 711 69 B Black Stripes Console w/tach and gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 07:50 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Hello managment

Come on Gary, if because of your post someone made you an offer would you say no thanks it's not for sale? You even stated "I'm not sure where to put this and if it needs to be moved than so be it."

I fully understand that you wanted advice on pricing so when I moved your post to the Classified forum I left a link to it in bench. It's available in 2 forums this way so you get the best of both worlds. If someone here has an answer you'll get one faster in the Classifieds Forum than you would Bench Racing anyway.

The intent of the Classified Forum is to keep folks from posting stuff they have for sale in the tech forums (even bench racing). Here's a clue, don't say anything about having an item you plan to sell when asking what something is worth and it will stay where you put it. Example; asking how much is a coil spring 10 bolt worth in the Transmission and Driveline forum wouldn't get moved.

The intent here is to keep the forums in order and organized so everyone can find answers to their questions and so the search feature functions as accurate and efficient as possible. It's not about intentionally stepping on folks toes...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

How about having a forum for this kind of thing. I for one have a horrible time figuring out prices for things.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD
Come on Gary, if because of your post someone made you an offer would you say no thanks it's not for sale? You even stated "I'm not sure where to put this and if it needs to be moved than so be it."

I fully understand that you wanted advice on pricing so when I moved your post to the Classified forum I left a link to it in bench. It's available in 2 forums this way so you get the best of both worlds. If someone here has an answer you'll get one faster in the Classifieds Forum than you would Bench Racing anyway.

The intent of the Classified Forum is to keep folks from posting stuff they have for sale in the tech forums (even bench racing). Here's a clue, don't say anything about having an item you plan to sell when asking what something is worth and it will stay where you put it. Example; asking how much is a coil spring 10 bolt worth in the Transmission and Driveline forum wouldn't get moved.

The intent here is to keep the forums in order and organized so everyone can find answers to their questions and so the search feature functions as accurate and efficient as possible. It's not about intentionally stepping on folks toes...

I do agree and understand all that. Would it be possible to have some kind of forum where things like this could be posted without someone thinking there is an ulterior motive. Just trying to push the envelop.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 06, 06:30 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Well that's kinda why the site has an official classified area and a Classified Forum. We use to just delete the ad post and point the poster to the classified section...

The Classified Forum gives everyone a place to ask what's it worth and others can respond and even make offers which we are trying to keep out of the tech areas. Makes for an easy place for the mods to move the ocassional post that can get turned into and ad by someone thinking there is a deal to be had who posts they will buy the item...

If you haven't seen the official classified area check out the link in the red bar at the top of the page... It's really a cool setup.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 06, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Ok Dennis...you got me there. I don't usually come here (T.C.) unless I really need help on something...more a reader than a poster and I want the most exposure I can get for the information I am looking for at the particular moment...say for instance someone in my local area wants something I have for sale...if somesome responds in kind than I can go about my business and never bother anyone again.

Case in point, I needed to get in touch with ChuckL the last time I came to Team Camaro. Chuck bought my endura bumper. He sent funds which I never recv'd and I needed to contact him someway to tell him. I wasn't allowed that comfort by T.C. standards so I had the make the painful decision to relist on ebay. Now I still have to tell Chuck he lost out. To me the man never had a chance, which I feel bad for.

I didn't know the classified forums were set up the way you have it now. Sorry about that, nobodies perfect, least of all me, that's why I come here.

So...if you move something...it will usually stay where it was posted...but will have a moved link to where T.C. feels is the more appropriate forum and the maximum exposure will still be there correct?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode