A suggestion for the site.... - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 1st, 06, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

A suggestion for the site....

I know that every now and then a request for a photo is asked for a certain part of the Camaro that someone needs help with (I myself just requested one for the fuel tank mounts just the other day). I know that we have assembly manuals and people on the board we can ask whenever we need help with a certain area. But sometimes just seeing a picture helps out greatly (maybe even more than one's advice). My suggestion for Team Camaro would be to have a Photo Reference Page broken into catagories and they would contain numerous pictures of certain areas of the f-body (maybe even seperated by generation). For instance you would have.....

1st Generation
Rear Compartment
- suspension
- fuel system
- brakes
- trunk
- electrical

2nd Generation
Interior
- electrical
- ignition
- seats/seat belts
- headliner

......and so on and so on.

As the moderators patrolled the sites, any pictures that they see as a beneficial reference would be collected and added to the respective catagory and subcatagory. Or you could ask people to volunteer pictures.

It would eliminate repetitive requests for the same images. Kind of like searching the archives for old posts this would be a way of searching the archives for pictures. I think a lot of people would find it helpful and it would make a nice addition to the site

1968 Pro-Touring Camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 1st, 06, 10:33 AM
eric

Re: A suggestion for the site....

sounds like a good idea...

i know it would help me

*ERIC*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

84 Z28(L-46)
75 SHORTBED
PROJECT 69...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 1st, 06, 10:50 AM
Retired
Jim

Actually its already started with JimM in elec. section and David Pozzi in the suspension area. The 'stickies' are being used to hold usefull pics so we dont have to repeat information and repost pics all the time. Its slow go with the all volunteer mods but over time we hope to have each primary section with a standard group of 'stickys' to help folks. You still wont believe how many still dont read the stickys until somebody tells them to. So much info. is there for the asking but some folks are impatient and think that tossing a question gets them an answer faster. Good Idea tho.
Im about to launch a new website for myself and move all my photos to it which will cripple all the existing pics I have in posts I have in TC but then from the new site, my pics will be transferred and hosted here on Al's TC server for keeping put.
Then I will create stickys in the 'interior' section too. So much editing of pics is involved to make them all the same for clarity.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour

Last edited by click; May 1st, 06 at 12:32 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 12:20 PM
Guess

It's an excellent idea and one that's been brought up a few times in the past.
Until recently, there wasn't a very efficient way of collecting all the appropriate photos and drawings from around the forums and putting them together into specific groups.
The times they are a'changin'!

I've been working on exactly what you're asking for in the Body Shop forum. Things start small and SLOW though, but I'm sure they'll build from there. Plus we're only part-timers that get paid $.05 a year. You can't expect miracles!

Just kidding..... just so everyone knows that we ARE working on it.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 01:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

As was mentioned, I've been working on just such a thing in electrical.

It's HARD and time consuming work. It can't just be a post, no one would ever find anything. It has to be a website, and it has to be organized. I hit a wall a month ago when my personal isp space became full, now that Al has given me space here, I'm working on it again. Several of the electrical sticky stuff is now hosted at team camaro, and the pictoral will be moved soon.

Did I mention how much work it is? Pictures have to be resized, captioned, I need to know exactly what it is, if it's stock or not... I've all ready had guys asking if this or that pic was "correct" for restoration.....

Give us time, and keep sending pics, with good info on what exactly it is a pic of.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 01:04 PM
eric

i have plenty of pictures, of my 69 before i stripped it, and with the new panels..ill send some if you need any..

*ERIC*

84 Z28(L-46)
75 SHORTBED
PROJECT 69...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 08:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

ok, 2 hoursa worth of work tonight, still don't have much that's useful, but at least the basic website work is done, just have to fill in the blanks...

Take a peek at the "What it is, Where it is" sticky in electrical, and then send me pics!

I still need:

Front lighting, with the grill out of the way, good pics that show the wire colors, all 3 years.

Rallye sport, all 3 years. I'm gonna go ahead and cover the vacaum stuff just because.
67 temp sender for idiot light.
temp sender for console gauge cars.
Stock distributor/coil/oil sender SBC
any / all Big block engines.
Air conditioning wiring, all years.
Cruise control

and that's just what I can remeber from the firewall forward.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode