Keeping track of Rapers/Scheisters - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Craig

Angry Keeping track of Rapers/Scheisters

Ive been a member of this website for a while and am in awe at some of the knowledge that has been shown by the members.Ive been playing with Camaros since 1974 and still dont have the information that I see here almost daily.Damn,you guys are smart.I think it would be really sweet if all the horror stories related by everybody could be posted in a seperate column/forum.Is this possible or would it cause some lawsuit trouble from the Vermin who are trying to deceive the honest car lovers looking for a good deal on a "honest/original" car.Such has happened on another website that almost caused that site to shut down.Why does the SCUM FACTOR have more rights than the respectable people?I live in Cleveland,Ohio and remember a story about a person in Mansfield,Ohio trying to sell a 69 COPO that was a "numbers matching/correct" car,and someone wrote in to say that he had the original motor from that car.He got it somehow or was the owner of that car at one time and wound up keeping the original motor.If all these "Rapers"(my favorite description)were on file,everybody could quickly check this certain forum to see who is a questionable person to deal with when it comes to buying any thing from these people.I really hate to see "Car Pimps" get rich by ripping off the less informed.Am I crazy or what?Responses please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 01:50 PM
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
David

Re: Keeping track of Rapers/Scheisters

Your not crazy, in fact I'd venture to guess that many feel that way. However, putting someone's name on a website and trash them or give personal information about them or their business could have possible legal ramifications. In other words, although it's an excellent idea it could very easily get this site into a boat load of trouble. that is why I do not believe that this would be feasible. Plus, I wouldn't want to risk shutting down the only source of knowledge that I have for my car (us new carguys gotta have a someone looking out for us or we'll kill ourselves )

David

(sorry for the big words I just got done writing a Biology experimetn report)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 06, 01:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Keeping track of Rapers/Scheisters

the type of info you're looking for exists, but not on public display, and not actually on this site, or any place related to the owner of this site. Some of the members keep very good records. If you were to post a vin, body number, or seller, any known info would come your way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode