Classified Section? - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Classified Section?

I was just wondering why when posting an ad it required me to list my zip code? There are other ads that doesn't have that feature. It's no big deal just wondering?

67 3L 4P Project Car

I just had to have some wings.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS/SS Pictures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 04:37 AM
Senior Tech
Terry

Re: Classified Section?

I think it's so that potential buyers can decide if they are interested, based on location. Also helps estimate shipping costs, method, and time...also seems to make the ad appear legitimate, since w/o a location the part could be located in Nebraska or Nigeria! Terry
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 06:18 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

^ terry is right. Location makes a big decision for most of us and rather than waste time with a phone call or email just to find out that the hood you want is across the country, the program takes a shot a calculating the distance. Otherwise a lot of guys don't bother to enter where they are.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Sounds good to me...very valid point. Thanks and have a great day!

67 3L 4P Project Car

67 RS/SS Pictures

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 07:05 AM
Senior Tech
Terry

by the way Scott that looks like a hell of a nice Camaro project you've got going, I'd like to hear more about it-- T.M.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 06, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Terry,
Send me a PM and I will be glad to tell you about ole Rusty

67 3L 4P Project Car

67 RS/SS Pictures

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode