Vendor bashing or information needed? - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Vendor bashing or information needed?

Al, I am very dissapointed that you deleted my previous message because you considered it vendor bashing. I tend to disagree with your call. I didn't go off ranting and raving about how bad their company is without a point. I was merely informing and trying to let other members and site visitors know of my experience with this particular vendor. I explained how bad they screwed up my order, made false promises, and have made a very poor attempt at correcting the situation. And yes, I did name the company and individuals within it that I had dealt with. How else would people wknow who I was dealing with and wether or not is in their best interest to avoid dealing with them.

Maybe we are missing another forum where members can discuss issues of this nature. If I deal with a certain company and have a wonderful experience with their customer service and or product, I would like to let everyone know. The same goes with a bad customer service experience or a bad product. Why is one allowed and not the other? Yes, i would like to sway people towards or away from a product or company based on my experience. After all, isn't this part of making an informed decision? If I had a bad experience I don't want my friends or family to go through the same situation. I will let them know, I believe that is part of my responsibility as a friend or family. Doesn't this help improve a company's customer service and or their products? In my dealings with this particular company I informed them that I was a member of this internet site and several others and that other members are interested in knowing how good a product is and my experience in dealing with them. I guess i was burned again, by deleting my message it is clear that you are not interested in knowing. What about the rest of the site members? I believe that we all want to keep each other informed, why else would people be looking, asking and giving iput here. I compare my posting with the post alerting about certain individuals defrauding members. Is it not to make other members aware and to try keep them from this type of situation from happening to them?

If another member has a bad experience with a product or bad customer service I certainly would like to know. I may still opt to purchase from that particular company, as it may have been just one bad part, product or a person with bad customer skills. If it wasn't then I would let the others know and concur with the first posting. It is certainly not always about getting the lowest price, I like to have a good feeling about products I buy and a good feeling about dealing with good customer service oriented people. We are all going to make our own decisions, no matter what other people tell us, but as I stated before is still good to be informed. Why step in the same puddle of water when someone else that has been there can show you the way around it.

Last edited by st69camaro; Sep 28th, 06 at 05:16 PM. Reason: transposed words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 05:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage
Re: Vendor bashing or information needed?

If I remember correctly (which I may not), you were upset with a vendor for bad quality control, but what really can across was an unreasonable expectation of the vendor. ie: you expected the vendor to inspect each and every part they sold. You didn't first communicate with the vendor to resolve the problem, but instead posted a bash on here which just doesn't work for most of us. I'm all for having a referral for vendors and parts which I believe tc already has a section to cover that, but vendor bashing isn't something most of us want to see. My apology if I got any of the details incorect. Charlie ps: you have some really nice cars, and that's what we are all about!

Last edited by camaromaniac; Sep 28th, 06 at 06:17 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 05:49 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Well. I agree about the disappointed part.

The first line of your topic was:

Do not deal with the clowns at:

Now, sorry if you disagree, but what good will ever come out of comments like that? Yes, you were certainly annoyed and might have good reason to be, but do you really think we can leave a post on the site calling a business a bunch of clowns?

For the vendor comments?
Very few sites allow them on any forums and we learned the hard way both by error and by legal threats.

Several years ago a very legit looking complaint was posted and the company took a real clobbering.
I checked further and be danged if the IP address didn't come back to a parts supplier. After all the dust settled it turned out to be a counterman who posted it trying to slam a competitor. I believe they actually fired the guy over this.

It also opens the door wide open to us being involved in a lawsuit under whomever posted the topics behalf. They do not know who username "somecamaroguy" is and neither do I, yet we are supposed to allow open comments that cannot be verified on the site? Please, think about this for a bit. I can change my username within minutes and convince a lot of people that XX ripped me off.

After that I realized we simply can't have such comments on the site.

Over the past few years I truly believe this is the best policy. I've been the middle man in way too many disputes via the classifieds and both sides always hold back a bit of information. After about 5 emails the facts come out.

I understand your position in wanting vendor warnings to be allowed, but realistically it's not easy to validate each and ever post as there are two sides, and usually they both believe they are right.

Sorry we can not meet your expectations on this. If you come across a site that has such a warning system that works, let me know so I can have a look.

Al

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 06:13 PM
Senior Tech

How about a post that discusses all of the details of the bad transaction, and then at the very end, you could say, send me a PM if you want to know who this vendor is???? Would that be allowable????
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 06:29 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

KZ, that happens all the time and is not much of an issue except some guys inevitably have to jump in with both feet and then we remove the topic.

Old axes are always sitting just a few feet from the grinder waiting for someone to start it spinning.

eg: We try to allow topics to run:
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91155

I expect this one, already three pages, to end up in the dumpster.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

In retrospect the clown part was a bit out of line, in my frustation I didn't think clearly when writing it. Absolutely, there are always two sides to every story. It would be good to be able to convince them to give their side of the story. If okay to post I will send them yet another letter requesting their side of the story.

You must agree though, that strength is in numbers. Othewise we wouldn't join together in volume buying. That is the reason for wanting to let others know about problems with parts or vendors. Do most vendors feel compelled to change policy or the way they do business, due to an individuals disatisfaction, not usually. However, most will not make false promises nor blame one another for screwing up an order.

I have been in business for several years now and know the importance of building a good reputation. It is certainly not done by lies and false promises. As rare as I have an issue come up with one of my customers, I try to take care of it as quickly as possible without laying blame or giving excuses as to why it wasn't done right. My employees also don't pass the blame to one another to make themselves look good to the customer. And if my son was the vice-president of the company, I would expect him to know a little more about the operations and the products we sell.

As for making false claims or accusations, I would like to believe that the majority if not all of us here are honest in our comments. You are right though about being very cautious on what is said on the site as we are a nation of suit happy individuals. As a lawyer friend of mine once told me there are only two types of people here those that are suing and those that are being sued.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 06, 08:07 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

St69- you are a business owner. Don't loose site of the working class that may not be doing what they do for the love of it. The less the job pays the more temporary the position is and bridge burning isn't something the low paid worker even thinks about. Workers take 4 hrs to do a 2 hr job or after talking to 50, 100 who knows how many customers gets pushed by one and takes it out on the next. As a business owner you can't think that you are getting 100%, 100% of the time from 100% of your employees. It's really bad in big business, there directors are micro-managing managers who are micro-managing supervisors who are micro-managing the employees who are left with demeaning grunt jobs making more discontent workers who have nowhere to go but the customer to take it out on...

Funny how we put up with so much more face to face in stores than we do with mail order...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 06, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

DjD, my issue had nothing to do with one individual or employee. After talking to the owner of the company, I wrote him a two page letter and within it I explained everything we talked about and how he was going to resolve it. What he did was to give everything back to one employee. The employee called me apologized for the company and said he understood what I was being put through and that he would take care of it. You should know that at this point I had none of the parts, as I had returned them all. A week later I received the rear brake kit, still with not all of the correct parts. His call was the last thing I heard from him, almost three weeks passed and nothing happen. When I called back they sent me right back to the original sales guy. He promised to call me back the next day after he researched the issue. A week later no call no resolution. I sent them another letter and finally got a call back two days later. Same guy again, he said I'll call you back in a few minutes after he finds the paperwork. He called me back two days later offering 60% of what they owed me. I said "are you kidding, how did you come about those numbers." His response was "come on I trying to take care of this today" then he offered me 85% of what they owed me. I said you know what yes, send me the money. So here I am two and half months of frustration, broken parts and only partial refund for parts that they kept.

During my ordeal I talked to the the owner, his son and three employees. The son and employees kept passing blame on each other for not taking care of business. After a couple of calls with each one they would say then you should talk to so and so. I believe they were jerking me around. So again, it wasn't a bad eperience with one employee one person, it was every one that I talked to.

By the way camaromaniac, you are totally off what I wrote!

Last edited by st69camaro; Sep 29th, 06 at 02:05 PM. Reason: missing words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode