Mark As Read function - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Mark As Read function

When you used to click 'mark all posts as read', you would go back to the forum directory (for lack of a better term). Now you just see the posts turn to read status, and you stay in the forum you just marked 'read'.

For what it is worth, I like the old way.

I sound bitchy tonight.

Scott from NJ. Stay thirsty, my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 07:50 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: Mark As Read function

Nothing has changed with the mark all post read. well, at least that I know of.

curious? when did you notice the change?

Al
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Gee, at least a week ago.

TC Member #13

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 08:50 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

a week? cool. I never touched anything then.

seriously. I don't know of anything that changed. I tested it out and, poof, everything was marked read.
Are you clicking the link on the main forum index (at the bottom) that says "Mark forums read"?

try that link above.

Al
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 09:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

This may be a dumb question, but what does mark as read do? What is the purpose. I clicked it once, but didn't see anything happen.

Hey Al, since I have your attention on this, how about having the page numbers change color as you step thru them in thew classified. Sometimes I lose track which page I am on. I know if I move the curser over the numbers it is evident, but scrolling may nice. Thanks.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 09:21 PM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

classifieds are being upgraded once I get the gumption up to do it. The developers drive me nuts with the "guilty until innocent" approach to any problems. It will show the links underlined so you know what page you are on.

the mark all as read? If you click it the system marks every post as read, hence, no flashing icon showing "new" posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 06, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
a week? cool. I never touched anything then.

seriously. I don't know of anything that changed. I tested it out and, poof, everything was marked read.
Are you clicking the link on the main forum index (at the bottom) that says "Mark forums read"?

try that link above.

Al
I use the function form the Forum Tools pulldown at the top of the forum thread list.

It marks them read, but now it just does that. It used to bring you back to the forum index. That navigation is gone.

For giggles, I tried it at work today (IE at work - I use netscape at home). The experience was the same.

Edit: No, I don't use that bottom one. That marks every post in every forum read.

TC Member #13
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 06, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Hey Al, my local club just updated their software to 3.6.2 and this happened there too and Justin (admin there) is looking at it. Thought I'd let you know, maybe we'll find out why.

TC Member #13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode