Picture Catalog..???... - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Picture Catalog..???...

I'm sure you guys have already thought of this, but... Has anyone made the suggestion of posting general pics of cars for reference? Many times I find myself searching for a general photo so I can just check/confirm one detail. If there was say a few headings to post under, perhaps a hot rod engine section and a factory engine section?.. Headings like " Factory big block front view".. everyone send a shot of fact BBC from the front, then of course you just post the other headings. ie, BBC hotrod driver side, BBC factory driver side, SBC hotrod pas side... etc. You could do it w/trunks, rear ends etc... I'm thinkin', I would love to just scroll down a bunch of Driver side hot rod BBC engine compartments to get ideas on routing or other general questions about that section of the car. There can be no doubt, this is the best site on the net for camaros, a reference section like that, of the cars that belong to the members here, would no question be valuable addition to an outstanding site such as this. Guys are always asking for pics, some times I find myself looking on ebay for engine shots... Just a thought. ( I think this is the longest post I have on this site... lol...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 05:29 AM

Re: Picture Catalog..???...

I agree, but unlike you (maybe?!), I thoroughly enjoy digging through endless piles of information and pictures looking for stuff. 9 times out of 10, I end up stumbling across something else during the hunt that I end up looking for as well. Yesterday started out with manifold PN's, which turned to smog equipment, which led to the white fan on the smog pump, which led to the Eaton fan clutch.....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 08:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rich

ain't it the truth! yesterday, started researching roller bearings versus pilot bearings...found very interesting reading on traction/slapper bars and ended up the night in a great discussion regarding black panthers.........
to quote a corny phrase, "priceless"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 08:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Look at the "what it is, where it is" sticky in electrical.
I'm in the (slow) process of building just that relating to electrical systems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I have learned something everytime I vistited this site... I too end up in some un intended thread that I can't stop reading...lol..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 04:13 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Take a look at the Showroom... www.camaros.net/showroom Pictures by generation, pictures by shows, by racing, by engines and more... Enjoy.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 06, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Very nice photo's there... Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode