Whats wrong with people - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to softail02
Whats wrong with people

I replied to an add in the classified section of this site about a 2nd Gen Big block car asking where is the car located here is what I got back.

"I am asking for a $100 finders fee, then I will reveal the seller. "

This is why this world is going down the CRAPPER

70 RS Pro-Street stiil have
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 RS/SS EX wife's ( C**T) car lost cause my state sucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Tahoe LTZ lost cause my state sucks
02 2500 crew LT Duramax FOR SALE
04 Fatboy sold to pay lawyer fees

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 08:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rich

Re: Whats wrong with people

sounds like somebody is trying to "double dip". bird dog or finder's fee are usually paid by the seller, not the buyer unless the buyer contracted for the service.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 11:12 AM
Senior Tech

dont reply to bull sound like some ones trying to rip people off they are *** hole try make a liveing by rip people off DONT EVER BUY ANY THING WITH OUT LOOKING AT IT.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 11:59 AM

Oh sooo true...
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

looked up the seller or want to be broker he is a member on here with 47 post... that just makes it even more sad

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 03:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Tell him that in order to interact with him and you will need to charge him your consultant fee of $175/hour for action required to conduct research on his background and credentials on acting as a registered broker and as a contingency should his alleged information not be correct or reliable.

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 03:54 PM
Senior Tech
Billy Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro9 View Post
dont reply to bull sound like some ones trying to rip people off they are *** hole try make a liveing by rip people off DONT EVER BUY ANY THING WITH OUT LOOKING AT IT.
Damn good advice. Its too bad but true.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Keith

Here is another email I got from him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 other person paid and isattempting to buy the car. i will keep your email and let you know

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 06, 06:54 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

I thought finder's fees were only paid if the item was purchased, not just to contact the buyer/seller and/or to go look at it?

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 06, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech

he or it will get theres so day people like that sucks
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 06:35 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

Send a message via MSN to jet_car2000

Dave hit it dead on the head!!! And Frank if i was you I would post what i knew NOW before the auction,, You might save a fellow car nut a 100 grand!! Just the staement"That car is nowhere as original as they want to pass it off as" would be enough for me to post the info i knew.. Seems like the old racer is out to get him a big cut of the profits from a misreprsented car too. just my 2 cents,, sorry if i offended anyone,,Frank
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 07:18 AM
Guess

Question Re: Whats wrong with people

Quote:
Originally Posted by softail02 View Post
I replied to an add in the classified section of this site about a 2nd Gen Big block car asking where is the car located here is what I got back.

"I am asking for a $100 finders fee, then I will reveal the seller. "

This is why this world is going down the CRAPPER
Hmmm.... borders on extortion, doesn't it? Just guessing here.

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 04:01 PM
Senior Tech
Tony

Amen!
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 06, 05:55 PM

Beings you don't know the so called (broker) how is anyone sure the car exsist?
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 06, 07:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage

I'm guessing the man will be paid money by either Reggie or Craig because he adds value to the car that is being sold. He can base his fee on percieved profits if he chooses. If not for the auction he would be sitting home and getting nothing so saying he will not get any profits is really pointless. So the car he had has been restored and lots of orig stuff has been replaced, same as Ray Allens. The Ray Allen car was totally restored and all the graphics were vinyl stickers so the new owner can make the car look stock if he wishes. Ray Allen still had a stake in that car when it went across the block. The statement of only 16 LS6 converts being built was proven wrong years ago. There are many more than 16 documented LS6 converts. I think people are now guessing between 50-100 built. I see nothing wrong with Barrett-Jackson selling mostly musclecars. Each auction has it's niche. Barrett-Jackson making the city 6 mil is a bad thing ? The buyer and seller each pay 8%. The price the car sells for at that auction usually more than makes up for the 8% the seller has to pay. The buyer pays more but he also can come to one place and look thru about 1000 cars to find one for himself instead of flying all around the country looking at mis-represented junk. The big money being paid for musclecars has helped all thru the industry and more and more shops are able to makie a living restoring cars for customers that might actually be worth what it costs to do a proper resto. All is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode