section for threads? - Team Camaro Tech
Community Help Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

section for threads?

is there a section on this website just for people showing progress on their cars, as they go along?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 06:04 PM
Retired
Jim

Re: section for threads?

Leon, that would be Bench section. Its a sort of catch all where guys show pics of their cars as they progress, car show pics and misc. stuff too.

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 06:29 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Jim I'm thinking Leon is looking for a more defined "Project's" forum or a section like the Showroom...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 07:04 AM
Retired
Jim

I see now... of course a body work project might fit in Body section better if looking for ideas or help. Engine overhauls best in Engine etc... and overall pics on the lawn finished, in Showroom or Bench but we really dont have a "project" forum but something to consider I suppose.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

that was what i was thinknig, a project forum. i, myself hit snags every now and again and wonder how things should look, and its inspiring to see others rides coming along.

you can always search whatever topic your looking for, but i just thought as you watch someone elses progress you can learn as they go also. like right now, im not doing my interior yet. but if i notice something someone else did as they got to that point, it might save me or someone else some headaches. just a thought.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 01:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

You might take a look at the showroom, also many members have some pretty cool websites.

Other than that, use the "search" for what you are looking for, you'll probably find it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 01:25 PM
Retired
Jim

Thats one reason the forums are in seperate sections right now, when you work on your interior its best to hang there and post questions and photos. But interior would not be where you post pics of finished body pics or engine detailing, so you'd have to move to those areas for appropriate comment, since engine guru might not hang out in the 'interior' section where you post pics.
Putting all 'projects' in one area might not bring the help you need either, as folks think a finished project is in a 'project' section too. Hard to say but the forums have been working well and Al is always looking for fresh ideas. Im sure he will read this thru.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

jim m, not to sound like a jerk, but are you one of those people they call "search nazis" ? you know were they only chime in for the sole purpose of telling people to use the search key?

my whole point was that you cant search for things you dont even know your looking for! if someone is browsing how projects are going along, you just may see some neat things you didnt even know to look for.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 07:58 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Easy there Leon... many new visitors to the site are not the experienced forum master you are sounding like. Give the search feature a try, type in "projects". You'll get a lot of threads you don't want but you'll also get some good hits showing what others are doing...

Take all the help here as just that, help. Jim could have repeated what others said but instead he gave you another option. He had no way of knowing what you really wanted, just like the rest of us kinda had to guess. I had to totally throw out your title as the whole site is full of threads before understanding what you were asking for...

Sorry but the site doesn't offer more than the showroom for posting pictures. I get the feeling you were looking for your own personal space for your project but we don't have that. Again I assure you all input here was an attempt to help you! Nobody is a Search Nazi -

...Dennis

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 05:18 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

It's been tried to have some project pages but very few ever came back to update them, so all we had was old info.

What we are doing now is linking to those who do have project websites.
Here is an example for 1968

https://www.camaros.net/links/Websites/1968/

Al
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

looks like i'll be sticking to ls1 tech since everyone here is so uptight. and i did a search on jim m ....and he is a search nazi, over and over, and over.

i want nothing for my own personal space (ther's myspace and a whole bunch more free sites for that), sorry i offended so many high and mighty people by having an idea, that incidentally was just a question. others assumed i was suggesting a new forum.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 12:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonpiper69 View Post
looks like i'll be sticking to ls1 tech since everyone here is so uptight. and i did a search on jim m ....and he is a search nazi, over and over, and over.

i want nothing for my own personal space (ther's myspace and a whole bunch more free sites for that), sorry i offended so many high and mighty people by having an idea, that incidentally was just a question. others assumed i was suggesting a new forum.
Maybe you should go back to hanging out on LS1tech...

Tell me, how many of my TWELVE THOUSAND POSTS did you read to label me a "Search nazi"?

Guys, I'm hurt here... I never been called that before, tell me it ain't true?

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 12:59 PM
Retired
Jim

Its not true at all. A search nazi would have made a short statement like 'use the search' period, nothing else. You (JimM) mentioned folks own personal website that are plentiful and that the 'search' would yield many things to look at.
I think leon needs to settle down on that term. Spend some time reading the thousands of threads that help folks on a daily basis and realize he mis-spoke there. Most NEW members dont realize the huge amount of info. in the search data base and when they find out, they are very happy and thankful someone pointed it out. With only 30 posts I also considered him new and needing direction to where his needs would be met but the nazi term is really not called for in this site.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 01:08 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Leon - we are not a bunch of uptight folks... Maybe there is an age difference here, everyone offered you helpful advice based on what you were asking about. Seems like a big commutations gap here. You are the one being either overly sensitive or uptight... You attacked Jim because you didn't like his post.

Let's start over, please explane what this means to you,
Quote:
section for threads?
To me a section is a place and a thread is a series of posts. Yes this site has many sections to it and they are full of threads just like this one.

Next
Quote:
is there a section on this website just for people showing progress on their cars, as they go along?
No, all the sections are topical but feel free to post something in the body shop showing the progress of your car (I think Jim "click" already said something much like this) as it's going through rust repair or paint... Same in brakes and suspension when you install that rack & pinion and C5 brakes... You can keep a thread alive as long as you want. Then there is also our Showroom where you can post pictures and add coments, you can also create albums and link to classifications like 1st gen, engines and technical.

Might ask yourself why it bothered you so much when someone suggested the search feature!

...Dennis

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 04:26 PM
Senior Tech
Dayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
label me a "Search nazi"?
I familiar with the term "soup nazi". "Search nazi" escapes me....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode