Rally Wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Test Drive! New to this area?
Get comfortable here by posting and editing your own messages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 07, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Rally Wheels

I have a 67 Coupe I am building and am thinking a set of stock appearing Rally Wheels would be pretty cool but wonder if anyone repops them in a 16" or 17" ?? , Thanks ...

PS: You guys are very informative , very helpful and very entertaining ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 07, 08:45 AM
Tech Team

Re: Rally Wheels

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/
try here i do believe they do have them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 07, 11:11 AM
Senior Tech

check my sig for the 17's.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 07, 01:04 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

I love the stock looking 17" rally wheels. There so on my list when I have the budget for new wheels/tires.

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 08, 04:21 PM

Hey,

Love those rims and the car can you tell me where you got them. Because i am looking into those kinda rims for my car. Also did you lower your car at all the achieve that ride height? What size rims and tires are they exactly?-

Vince
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 08, 05:24 PM
Senior Tech

thanks, vince. they are 17x8's with 4 3/4 inches of backspace on the front with 245/45r17's, the rear has 17x9's with 5 inches of backspace with 275/40r17's. they are chrome outers with bare centers that i painted with eastwood argent silver paint over self-etching primer. the front is lowered 1 inch with global west s-2 springs and l-2 springs on the rear with a 1 1/4 inch drop. i special ordered them from summit racing, who places the order directly to wheel vintiques. they get shipped from wheel vintiques to your door. glad you like!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 08, 06:00 PM

John,

Honestly, yeah thats even the color that came with my car. So i really like that set-up. With the rims, cowl hood, no vinyl top. The suspention i am alittle worried about. I was thinking the Hotchkis TVS, I think it lowers the front 2" and the rear 1 1/2". But how do you like your suspension? Does it ride any better then the hotchkis?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 08, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccieng View Post
thanks, vince. they are 17x8's with 4 3/4 inches of backspace on the front with 245/45r17's, the rear has 17x9's with 5 inches of backspace with 275/40r17's. they are chrome outers with bare centers that i painted with eastwood argent silver paint over self-etching primer. the front is lowered 1 inch with global west s-2 springs and l-2 springs on the rear with a 1 1/4 inch drop. i special ordered them from summit racing, who places the order directly to wheel vintiques. they get shipped from wheel vintiques to your door. glad you like!

Hey John,

Why were you so specific with the back spaceing? I am still learning what all this really effects... Sorry
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 08, 07:00 PM
Senior Tech

backspacing affects how far in or out the wheel is in the wheel well. when you fill up that wheel well with the biggest wheel and widest tire possible, the backspacing becomes very important to properly center the wheel and tire so there will be no rubbing. the fronts will rub on the inner fender or on the frame with incorrect backspacing. the rear will rub on the outer fender edge or on the shocks or inner wheel well if it's wrong. these numbers for wheel and tire sizes are kinda generic and based off of a stock setup, which varies naturally anyway, but work for most people. the bottom line is to measure twice and buy wheels and tires once!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 08, 07:20 PM
Retired
Jim

Guys this should be in the Wheel section. This is TEST section to see if your signatures work and if your posting of pics works right. If you dont get enough info. hop up into Wheels

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 08, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guccieng View Post
backspacing affects how far in or out the wheel is in the wheel well. when you fill up that wheel well with the biggest wheel and widest tire possible, the backspacing becomes very important to properly center the wheel and tire so there will be no rubbing. the fronts will rub on the inner fender or on the frame with incorrect backspacing. the rear will rub on the outer fender edge or on the shocks or inner wheel well if it's wrong. these numbers for wheel and tire sizes are kinda generic and based off of a stock setup, which varies naturally anyway, but work for most people. the bottom line is to measure twice and buy wheels and tires once!

So, If i end up going with the 17" rally rims then i should try and get the exact size that you have. If your saying that they are the perfect back spacing for the 1969 camaro. Also becasue you ordered them "custom", then did they hare you pay more money for them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode