Flickr pic test - Team Camaro Tech
Test Drive! New to this area?
Get comfortable here by posting and editing your own messages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Flickr pic test

[Img]www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/X31V5X.jpg[img]

Moderator edit: Dave IMG tags need to be in pairs of start and stop. Yours above is missing the / to designate it is the stop point of the tags.

[IMG]www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/X31V5X.jpg[/IMG] But you can not included your own cached security token (cookie) [email protected] you have to post the public share version of your photos inside the image tags.

Put your photos in an album not a slideshow so your viewers do not have to watch the paid advertising to see the photo is another helpful hint. You will then also be able to use the share tools to get the correct public address of the photos without deconstructing the flickr advertising servers addresses which change every couple days.

Last edited by 69-Pace; Nov 25th, 16 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

Re: Flickr pic test

This is how I do the flickr picture images (there might be another way but this is what I'm used to and not had issues and hopefully I have the steps correct):

First I go to the picture I want and hover over the picture and the pointer becomes a + marker.

Now left click the positive on top of the picture and the picture will enlarge.

I then right click and then left click and select "Page Info" and click on that.

I then get a pop up screen that I have to scroll down to og:image

I then left click on that, then right click and go down to copy and left click and then close out that window.

I then come to this site on the reply and paste it but then have to go to the front of it and add [img] and at the end add [/img]

I can then preview my reply and the picture should show.

-------
This is what I got when I copied the enlarged picture:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5464/3...c67e0525_b.jpg

and then I added the [img] and [/img] to the above to have this happen:

Jim

1974 Spirit Of America Nova (being restored), 1973 Nova Custom, 1968 Chevy II (Garage Find 2012)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Thanks Jim. I'll give that a shot on my laptop. I'm trying to figure it out on my phone app too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode