Image Test - Team Camaro Tech
Test Drive! New to this area?
Get comfortable here by posting and editing your own messages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Image Test

New Image Test.
Attached images into post instead of using links.

Last edited by oldschoolchevy; May 6th, 17 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Re: Image Test

... and then I had to delete the images I just attached as thumbnails in my original post, because I was getting error messages that I exceeded my image quota if I tried to attach an image to a new post.

I am still trying to figure out how to embed an image into a post.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!
Mike
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 01:53 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

I don't know if it is the right way, but it is a way; I use Photobucket to host photos I plan on attaching. Once uploaded, you can copy the image address and paste into the image dialog box. Photobucket has tons of ads which slows things down a bit. I tried Flickr, but I am not young and/or smart enough to figure out how to post yet.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Hello Old Dad's 67,
Thanks for the photo website suggestion. I actually have a "Box" photo sharing website account. Box is a pretty good photo sharing website and easy to use. I have already written a couple post with links to photos using Box, but I was looking for a way to permanently attach photos within the posts.

I've done a little searching on this forum, and I think you only get a very limited amount of storage space on the TC forum to attach images to a post (enough for 1 or 2 small photos -Total). Once you reach your limit, you cannot attach any more photos to any other posts unless you delete the ones in your TC storage file. If you delete photos in your storage file, then those images that were in any posts linked to your TC storage file will be permanently removed from your post. If you become a premium or lifetime remember, I think you get more storage space to attach photos.

I'll just use photo sharing links for now. And if you decide to open a Box photo sharing website account, just let me know if need some help with it.... us "Old" guys need to stick together!

Thanks again,
oldschoolchevy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 06:08 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Hey Mike - As non supporting member you have limited storage space. Basically enough to load a photo of your Camaro in your profile page.

However if you become a supporting member of the community here in either paid membership level - premium ($19.95 yearly membership fee) or Gold Lifetime Membership (one time fee of $59.95) you get extensive storage space for photos and messages and your photos become part of the community preserved so they don't turn to worthless dead links when your photo share goes OOB or you delete photos to make room for more cat pictures. Obviously Gold has the largest storage and is a one and done payment. So please consider becoming a supporter of this unique community by clicking the get premium link and signing up.

Disclaimer I like cats and I do not get a commission for every member who signs up.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 06:12 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Thank you for the info. That explains why I was unable to embed any additional photos and why I went to Photobucket.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 06:46 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I've been working on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff here and updating the sign up stuff to include what you get as a registered user vs supporting member is on the list.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 6th, 17, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Smile Re: Image Test

Hello Brian,
Thanks for the detailed explanation about photo attachments.
I think it is a great idea if you are able to inform new members of what is included with each level of membership. I was definitely confused as to why the attachment function was not working (even after I reduced all of my photo file sizes).

As you had also previously explained to me... It may also be helpful to include information that you need to have at least 10 posts before you are able to attach a link to a photo sharing website.
I did find out that you can Private Message a photo link to another member before you reach 10 posts.

Thanks again for all of your help!
I think I am finally getting the hang of this... now where are all my cat photos!
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode