Google Photo Image Test - Team Camaro Tech
Test Drive! New to this area?
Get comfortable here by posting and editing your own messages.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldschoolchevy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Google Photo Image Test

Testing photos.google website to try embedding an image into post

I can see the photo above... for now, but I am not sure if the image will stay there.

Last edited by oldschoolchevy; Jul 23rd, 17 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 11:18 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Google Photo Image Test

I see it
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 11:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

Mike... JFTR, its showing up just fine. I've used GP for well over a year maybe even two years. I would definitely like to know how you did it so when you get a chance... spill the beans. Currently I'm trying out IMGUR which works pretty good... but I have to figure out how to categorize images.-Mike

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for acknowledging you were able to view the photo within my original post. I am now going to perform a browser cleanup now to see if that removes the photo from my post.

Hello Mike (57Vet),
Once I complete a full test of google photos (and everything still works), I will post the procedures on how I used google photos to embed an image into a post.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

I logged out of google photos, and did a complete browser cleanup... and it looks like the embedded image within my original post is still there! So far... so good!!!

I used Fire Fox and Windows 7 while completing the procedures shown below. I also resized my photo to 800 x 600 in photoshop before copying the image into google photos (I am going to try a copying a Hi Res photo into google photos using the "High Quality - Unlimited Photo" setting within google photos for my next test).

1 - Open the photo in google photos, and right click on the photo. A menu will pop up, and select "Copy Image Location".

2 - Go to your TC post, and click on the "Mountain and Sun" Icon. When the menu comes up to enter your URL address, right click on the highlighted "http://" and click on "Paste" from the pop up menu.

3 - After pasting the URL address, click on the "OK" button... and your photo should now appear within the post.

Note: If you are using IE as a browser, the above instructions do not work. You get a different pop up menu in step #1.

Hope this helps!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Same procedures as shown above, but this time I copied a Hi Res photo (2048 x 1536) into google photos using the "High Quality - Unlimited Photo" setting within google photos. I did not resize the Hi Res photo before copying.

So far, I can still see the image shown above.... but it looks like the image extended beyond the post's text box boundaries when I viewed this post on "Preview Post".

Edit: After I selected "Submit Post", the image did not extended beyond the post's text box boundaries... so it appears that I do not need to resize/down size Hi Res images as long as they are uploaded to google photos using the "High Quality - Unlimited Images" setting.
dyno jonn likes this.

Last edited by oldschoolchevy; Jul 23rd, 17 at 01:31 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 03:35 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Google Photo is much nicer to work with then trying to get Google Docs to allow sharing public content. But very nice detailed instructions. Thank you Mike.

Also be aware that there is a cost to some mobile users with limited or even bandwidth throttled unlimited data plans, as larger images will eat up data downloading. And may be resized down by the device anyways once they arrive. Larger isn't always better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 03:41 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Works for me too... when I follow all of the directions. Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Jon N

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 17, 03:56 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

You can also manually insert image tags around the URL for those folks who code on the run and don't use the toolbar.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode