How do I post pictures? - Team Camaro Tech
Test Drive! New to this area?
Get comfortable here by posting and editing your own messages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 18, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

How do I post pictures?

I did a search but did not find a thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 18, 04:55 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage
Re: How do I post pictures?

I'm on Flickr now and this I can't figure it out either. All searched threads result in difficulty then they figure it out without telling us what they did.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 18, 07:59 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach420 View Post
I did a search but did not find a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
I'm on Flickr now and this I can't figure it out either. All searched threads result in difficulty then they figure it out without telling us what they did.
Peter, Garth - As far as I can tell right now as non-supporting members you only have one option to add photos to your posts, and that is use image tags that surround the public share URL to the photo you want to use at your photo storage site.

That site has to allow you to make direct links, and some will charge you a fee, or limit how many views you get. Read the fine print before you join any photo site. The major sticking point if they allow you to direct link is permissions. You have to grant public permission to that photo or the folder that photo is in or some services you need to do both.

Or you can become a supporting member here and store your photos on our servers so they show up as thumbnails that auto expand then you hover or click.

To use image tags the easiest way to is to click the Insert Image icon off the tool bar and paste the public url of your share photo. Its the icon withthe yellow background, mountains and sun in the corner. Or if you like code, type square bracket IMG square bracket <url to photo> square bracket /IMG square bracket in your text, but the icon is quicker. It is very hard to show you without the system actually trying to display the example so I'll break it down to several ines buy you you type it all as one long sentence no spaces.
[img]
then your url something like http://publicallowed.photoshare.com/...dashboard1.jpg
then the close image tag
[/img]

AGAIN the major issue is that your photos and or the shared folder they reside in has to be set to be viewable to the public without a login to your photoshare.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

Ok I'm now a "Lifetime Member" but it shows an expiration date 20 years from now (?!). So how do I upload pictures?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:40 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Ok I'm now a "Lifetime Member" but it shows an expiration date 20 years from now (?!). So how do I upload pictures?
Hit the paper clip > manage attachments a new screen will pop up> chose file> upload.

Go back to other screen hit the paper clip and insert.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	219491

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	219493
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:57 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Yeah with our recent move to the cloud a couple of our modifications were removed. We used to mask the expiration date of Gold members. The field in the database has to be populated but the date is ignored. I'll open a ticket to mask it again. Thanks for supporting the site with your membership.

Brian

Last edited by 69-Pace; Jul 18th, 18 at 08:51 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:58 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Quote:
Garth, See post #6 in this link for posting pics from Flickr. Note I am using IE11. I know this will not work if you're using Chrome as they have the copy picture feature disabled.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/12-bod...uter-cowl.html

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 09:35 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

As I said it is not real rocket science in insert an image tag.

You can direct link to any photo that allows it! So if it is hosted at a photo site you have an account at, there will often be a toolbar, or menu that has linking options. Select URL or image tag options but again each site is different and has rules.
If its a free site they may forbid direct image links because they are making money on the advertising surrounding your free hosted photo page on their site and they want your friends and family only viewing your photos on their site. Others sell your photos to anyone who wants them for advertising banner ads, in exchange for you giving up the rights to your photos you get free storage and maybe even free access by direct links.

To insert a hosted photo here, grab the photos location. Its easy. You just click on it once then use the other mouse button and grab the "location." In firefox the menu option is named "Copy Image Location". In IE 11 you have to select properties and then copy the Address(URL) from the properties box. Once you have the address of the photo its the same process here on TC. Go to the post/thread you want to insert a photo in, write your post or comment. Then click the insert image icon on the toolbar and paste that location you captured into the box. Hit enter and bam

I just grabbed that one from a Google search.

The test drive forum is set up just for figuring this stuff out. Post away.

Brian

Last edited by 69-Pace; Jul 18th, 18 at 12:11 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Your right, it shouldn't be rocket science but it always seems to be.

2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 06:15 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

I'm on an iPad with Safari browser. iOS 10.3.3.

Flickr is the app. I go to the picture confirm it's public. Click on the arrow in the lower right, copy URL button. Come back here, click the mountain icon I used with Photobucket all the time, paste and post.

All I get is the square box with nothing in it.

2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 18, 07:38 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanjs View Post
Garth, See post #6 in this link for posting pics from Flickr. Note I am using IE11. I know this will not work if you're using Chrome as they have the copy picture feature disabled.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/12-bo...uter-cowl.html
Thx Al. I'm usually, always, driving from my iPad. Most of those steps are familiar. I think the resizing maybe the problem, app doesn't give you that option. I'll try those steps from my desktop next time I get a chance.

Worst part of this is when we got booted from PB I set up my Flickr and was able to post pictures by copying the URL. Now I can't for some reason.

2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 02:53 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
I'm on an iPad with Safari browser. iOS 10.3.3.

Flickr is the app. I go to the picture confirm it's public. Click on the arrow in the lower right, copy URL button. Come back here, click the mountain icon I used with Photobucket all the time, paste and post.

All I get is the square box with nothing in it.
Well that would be indicative that the url is wrong or not actually your picture but a clear j-peg used to track visitors to their site. When I edit your post I don't see the evidence that would be there if it was a good link but being blocked.

Try it again and I will look at the code in your posting for issues. Make sure the url you are posting is naked of any tags being placed from flickr. it should look like https://realurl.realcom/youraccount/yourphotoname.jpg

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 02:54 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Thx Al. I'm usually, always, driving from my iPad. Most of those steps are familiar. I think the resizing maybe the problem, app doesn't give you that option. I'll try those steps from my desktop next time I get a chance.

Worst part of this is when we got booted from PB I set up my Flickr and was able to post pictures by copying the URL. Now I can't for some reason.
Are you using the autoguide application for Team Camaro?

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 06:14 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 18, 06:18 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Are you using the autoguide application for Team Camaro?
No. Web Browsers only.

I just opened the picture in Chrome, Fickr page, and right clicked 'copy image address' after I opened the picture up and that worked. All the embedded link that Flickr gives you don't seem to work.

2015 Z/28 - Red
1967 R/T
1977 Power Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode