Opinions on this Repro Rosewood Wheel Quality -Keep it or return for - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Opinions on this Repro Rosewood Wheel Quality -Keep it or return for

Got an oer reproduction wheel for my 69 and opened it on Christmas. I am disappointed in the appearance of the wheel. It seems excessively dark and the 'wood grain' is not very apparent. Also has some stain on one of the spokes. Am I being to picky ?? All of the wheels I have ever seen showed a nice light/dark contrast and the grain was evident. What do you guys think?

Send it back for another or just shut up, quit whining and be thankful I was finally able to buy one ??

Dad bought his '69 'Camuchi' used '70, i started driving it in '77 at 14,gassing it up for him, he fixed it up for me in '79, now i am fixing it up/w my 3 boys & 2 girls, and Dad is looking down making sure i do it right
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks Dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Re: Opinions on this Repro Rosewood Wheel Quality -Keep it or return f

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	168874

Dad bought his '69 'Camuchi' used '70, i started driving it in '77 at 14,gassing it up for him, he fixed it up for me in '79, now i am fixing it up/w my 3 boys & 2 girls, and Dad is looking down making sure i do it right
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks Dad.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	90
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	168882

Thanks Dad.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	56
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	168890

Thanks Dad.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	37
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	168898

Thanks Dad.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	52
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	168906

Thanks Dad.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	32
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	168914

Thanks Dad.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Views:	30
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	168922

Thanks Dad.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

I'm no expert, but looks a lot darker than any I've seen. I'd be tempted to send it back.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 07:58 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Garage

If your unhappy then it means it's crap, so send it back. I'm picky too and think I have a problem, today, it's get it out the freaken door and the customer won't notice and if they do who cares. That's today's piss poor attitude with Companies. I bet that was made in China. Get it made in the US or Canada and it'll be correct, oh but it's the labor here.....ya ya ya. You can't win.

Mark 70 Z28 M22 3.73 Z21 Z87 - Lunati 20120121 Roller Cam

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 08:01 PM
Tech Team
Alex

That's dark for sure!

After 2 attempts myself I settled on an aftermarket wheel that was very similar to stock but made out of real wood and has a thicker grip. I modified things so the original center horn pieces fit. I absolutely love the way it feels and looks.

1969 Pontiac Firebird
w/BP 461ci stroker kit, 670 heads & XE274H cam. Primer black w/black interior.
1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
That's dark for sure!

After 2 attempts myself I settled on an aftermarket wheel that was very similar to stock but made out of real wood and has a thicker grip. I modified things so the original center horn pieces fit. I absolutely love the way it feels and looks.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Anguilla -what is the aftermarket wheel you ended up with - I really prefer the real wood feel and look.
Any pictures ?
May send this back and just go that route

Thanks Dad.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
If your unhappy then it means it's crap, so send it back. I'm picky too and think I have a problem, today, it's get it out the freaken door and the customer won't notice and if they do who cares. That's today's piss poor attitude with Companies. I bet that was made in China. Get it made in the US or Canada and it'll be correct, oh but it's the labor here.....ya ya ya. You can't win.
For sure!

It is / was made in Taiwan

Thanks Dad.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 08:36 PM
Tech Team
Alex

I'll take some pics in the daylight and post them with a link. It's a gorgeous cherry looking wood, nice shiny varnish. Most people don't know it's not stock. I'll post back tomorrow. The first one had a couple tiny cracks in the varnish and they swapped it out by sending me a new one ASAP with a return shipping label.

My only issue is it makes the factory wood look on the dash and console look way cheap comparatively lol.

Alex

1969 Pontiac Firebird
w/BP 461ci stroker kit, 670 heads & XE274H cam. Primer black w/black interior.
1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 16, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
I'll take some pics in the daylight and post them with a link. It's a gorgeous cherry looking wood, nice shiny varnish. Most people don't know it's not stock. I'll post back tomorrow. The first one had a couple tiny cracks in the varnish and they swapped it out by sending me a new one ASAP with a return shipping label.

My only issue is it makes the factory wood look on the dash and console look way cheap comparatively lol.

Alex
That would be great, just looked at some Moto-lita wood wheels from England wow-that is the look.

Thanks

Thanks Dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode