Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ckaram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 18, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Post TMI rear seat?

I am looking to do something with my rear seat in my camaro. I am getting ready to swap in bunch of the other TMI interior stuff (headliner, door panels, headliner) and was wondering if anyone has used one of these. Any info would be appreciated!

https://www.tmiproducts.com/chevy/br...oupe-only.html

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 18, 02:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage
Re: TMI rear seat?

I purchased a rear seat cover and new front seat chairs/covers from TMI this summer. Overall, good quality although they sent me the wrong rear cover and then charged me big $ for the shipping of the correct item I ordered. They also missed an issue with one of the front seat covers but they shipped a quality one without hassle.

I recommend NOT ordering directly from them. Go through Summit or Jegs. Any returns will be seamless and without hassle this way. Buying direct was an absolute pain. I finally was credited all inappropriate charges but it took many calls and emails and me getting upset before they sorted it out.

Check my rides:

1968 Camaro Convertible LS1, T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 18, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Thanks Chris, I am wanting some experience with their rear seat foam and cover combo. I know their customer service could be “better” especially after having to deal with them directly. I tried to order some bulk interior vinyl a couple of weeks ago but they wouldn’t ship it directly to my guy who was doing some interior work for me (another town 5 hours away). Even though I have bought through them directly (they Had my info already on file) and indirectly (dealer). Didn’t want to pay for shipping twice. Either way I always use Matt’s Classic Bow ties for a lot of my purchases.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 18, 04:56 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Looks really nice, but that's a hefty price tag for just the back seats.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 18, 01:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Thanks Chris, I am wanting some experience with their rear seat foam and cover combo. I know their customer service could be “better” especially after having to deal with them directly. I tried to order some bulk interior vinyl a couple of weeks ago but they wouldn’t ship it directly to my guy who was doing some interior work for me (another town 5 hours away). Even though I have bought through them directly (they Had my info already on file) and indirectly (dealer). Didn’t want to pay for shipping twice. Either way I always use Matt’s Classic Bow ties for a lot of my purchases.
Seat foam on the front chairs is excellent, nice and firm. Can't speak to the rear. Sounds like you know them well. Best of luck!
130fe likes this.

Check my rides:

1968 Camaro Convertible LS1, T56

2016 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 19, 04:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ted

Garage

I’m very happy with my rear seat. It looks to be the same except I have houndstooth instead of comfort weave. You can see a pic in my garage, though the pic is mostly the front and not the best view of the rear. I’d attach a better pic but I’m on a phone and can’t figure out how to do it.

1969 Camaro, 383, M23Z from Jody's Transmission, Ford 9 inch w/3.00 gears, Ridetech tubular A arms, coil overs, 4 Link, Wilwood brakes, No Weeds cutouts, e-stopp, kick panels and package tray from The Shop LLC, TMI seats and one piece headliner, Vintage Air
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 19, 09:08 PM
Senior Tech
Tom Anderson

Garage

I have the TMI sport covers on my 67 and the quality is very good . I also have it in my 68 TMI makes good stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode