67-Fold Down Rear Seat - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

67-Fold Down Rear Seat

Just discovered I have one. Was pulling the seats for upholstery and after rear bottom came out I tried lifting the rear and nada. Gave a little tug on top and if folded open.

I had thought there was a release latch for the fold down but didn't have that. 67 apparently just had the compression clips

Read that only 2% of 1st gens made came with fold down rear seats...true?

It's a perfect set up for the dog now :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 02:41 PM
Team Member
Eric

Garage
Re: 67-Fold Down Rear Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal805 View Post
Just discovered I have one. Was pulling the seats for upholstery and after rear bottom came out I tried lifting the rear and nada. Gave a little tug on top and if folded open.

I had thought there was a release latch for the fold down but didn't have that. 67 apparently just had the compression clips

Read that only 2% of 1st gens made came with fold down rear seats...true?

It's a perfect set up for the dog now :-)
Really Cool!

1968 Standard Coupe, LS1, T56
2007 Tahoe, Z71, Cold Air & Tune
2001 Silverado, Z71, TSP Cam, Cold Air & Tune
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 02:55 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

Out of 220,906 Camaros built in 1967, 17,993 came with the RPO A67 Fold Down rear seat. That's a little over 8 percent for that year.

For all three years, there were 699,138 Camaros built, with 29,794 coming with the RPO A67 Fold Down rear seat (17,993 in 1967, 7,384 in 1968 and 4,397 in 1969). This comes out to a little under 4 percent total.

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ed B. (but you can call me Bert!)
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Thanks, Ed, for the info. I have one of the 8%. What is production number of Bench front seat (AL4?)with A67?

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 03:04 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

No numbers available for "combinations of options", but AL4 in 1967 was only 6,583, so a little less than 3 percent.

Ed

CRG -
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Thanks, Ed, and there are two AL4's in my city. We met at a impromptu car show at a local shopping center.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Wow, only 8% of 67's had the fold down rear.

Car was a 327/2 brl/Powergline Base model, Gold/Gold car with Deluxe seat belts (Fisher logo). Ohio late 67. No under coating. Car was shipped to CA and second owner was AZ who I bought it from. Pic of the cowl tag, IDK what the various #'s mean.

The PO put repop seat covers on the seats but no attention to springs and padding which is why I pulled the seats to get "refreshed".

Guy at shop said the rear seat cover was to big, he will cut down and re-sew, but my guess is the seat cover was for a standard seat which I believe is wider than the fold down???

Fold down hardware/hinges are in very good condition as is the backing panel. Given how "firm" the spring latch holds it does not appear the fold down was used that much.

Cool find as I had wanted that feature. Have a 80 lb German Shepard and the carpet backed seat makes a great flat area for him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	201810031524-124377N20XXXX-59-forum.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	224029  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 05:40 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

You can decode your tag HERE, but real quick:

W - Tinted Windshield
L - Folding rear seat
2MGR - M35 Automatic transmission, Center console, Rear speaker
3SK - Interior decor group, Exterior molding group
5Y - Deluxe seat belts

Ed

CRG -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode