Interior on a budget - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Interior on a budget

Had anyone used the interior kits from Camaro central? They have a decent size kit fit around $1300. Was wondering the fit and quality. How is the PUI interior from ground up? TMI is just way out of my price range. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 02:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

The PUI kits are not bad . I do suggest replacing your front seat foams, and address any side springs that might be broken. I went TMI front seats. They are good, but not all that. Your factory pillar mouldings are better than the ones in the kit. If you still have yours, I would try to use them. God speed

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 06:10 PM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Re: Interior on a budget

Seat covers, $160, foam, $150, door and rear panels $150, carpet $120. Assemble yourself, a days work. I have used PUI and TMI, not a big difference to the average guy. I like PUI. Check all the vendors for price including Rock Auto and Summit, take shipping into account.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Keith,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately my pillar moldings we’re junk. Will have to make use of the new ones in the kit. Was planning on getting new seat foam.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 06:24 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

Stay far away from PUI !!!! I got a front seat covers and foam from them and all the sims on the inside were twisted if i was to install them the way they were you would of be able to see the sim on the outside like an S snake shape, on the back of the seat cover where the white line is on a deluxe interior they are 3 strips that you have attach to the springs thats the first thing you have to do doing the seats, well those strips were missing all together on one of the covers, Nothing was trimmed, the material they use to pull the front and back under it to hook it to the frame it was just falling apart every time I pulled on it. One of the foams for the backs was ripped from top to bottom and they just glue it back together. I called and send them pics talk all the way up to management and after the f--- me around for 3 weeks they told me to send everything back to them on my coin to be repaired. It would of cost me $147 with out insurance to ship everything back to them to end up with garbage again so I decided it wasn't worth it and order everything from Distinctive Industries. I don't know how the new covers will be but from what I been told Distinctive Industries makes good covers

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

67 rs/ss 350 original eng,700r4, a/c, tilt, deluxe int,strato bench,Ca.emission,front disk,am/fm,floor clock,17" W/V Ralleys,Toyo T1S 255/40/17, 245/40/17
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 04:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

Mrcool. What you are showing is definitely not the norm. I have used distinctive as well. Not all the lines match up. Every company has a bone head working for them. I have used all three. On a budget PUI is not bad in my experience. Sorry you got dealt a horrible hand. Hope the distinctive is better. Almost has to be.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 04:49 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Distinctive is the cheapest product of them all. I have never had an issue with PUI and have bought a dozen covers from them. One of my cars has the comfort weave for 15 years and still holds up. Kevin, you might be better off buying by the piece instead of a pre assembled kit if you are on a budget.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 05:13 AM
John

Garage

Why are you thinking TMI is way out of your budget.

Here's a standard interior kit made by TMI for under $1000 and Deluxe for $1100 with FREE shipping. Classic Car Interiors is a TMI Distributor. I buy from them often and have been pleased with the quality and service.

https://www.classiccarinterior.com/1...-standard.html

https://www.classiccarinterior.com/1...it-deluxe.html

The Camaro Central package has the A Pillar covers and door sill plates. Classic Car Interiors has the A pillars for $65 a pair and the Sill plates for $55 a pair.

Door Sill Plates you can buy for less then $200. So the TMI cost ends up $1300 total shipped. Camaro Central at $1350 plus about $150 shipping to CT. $1500

The TMI Deluxe Kit with Gold Series Panels plus about $200 for the other items is $1300. You're at least $200 less than Camaro Central for way better quality.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)

Last edited by Vega$69; Jan 23rd, 19 at 05:28 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Vegas,

Thanks for the response and links. The Classis interior you list is just about $1000.00. In the Camaro Central kit is all that plus Door Emblems, Arm rest base and pads, Sill Plates, Headliner trim, Dome light base and lens, Sunvisors, chrom supports and the bushings, Complete rear package tray, seat divider, Screw kit, Dash Pad, 4 window cranks, 2 inside door handles, knobs, plugs and correct windlace. If I had to buy this all separate its about $800 more.

If I didn't have to get "everything" for my interior, TMI would definitely be the way to go.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 08:24 AM
John

Garage

You didn't clarify which $1300 kit you were considering?

So you're $1600 shipped from Camaro Central and if you go TMI and pay $800 for the extras you at $1800.

You can probably shop around and the the $800 down a couple hundred IMO

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 10:04 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Kevin, Post a link to the kit you're considering. You haven't mentioned seat foam or
rear seat padding. Do you have the seats ? A few of the vendors have discounts right now.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 02:48 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-77 keith View Post
Mrcool. What you are showing is definitely not the norm. I have used distinctive as well. Not all the lines match up. Every company has a bone head working for them. I have used all three. On a budget PUI is not bad in my experience. Sorry you got dealt a horrible hand. Hope the distinctive is better. Almost has to be.
Keith I agree every company has a bone head working for them but it seams PUI has them from the assembly line all the way up to management. What good is it if there covers are abit better then others if they don't back up there product coming up with all kind of excuses so they don't have to do anything for you, I rather spend more or try anything then deal with morons like that. When a company starts insulting the customer to make them self look good they can have there product. I for one will never buy anything they make and I will pass the word to anyone that wants to hear it

67 rs/ss 350 original eng,700r4, a/c, tilt, deluxe int,strato bench,Ca.emission,front disk,am/fm,floor clock,17" W/V Ralleys,Toyo T1S 255/40/17, 245/40/17
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 04:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

That's very disappointing. I can't handle dealing with people like that. Your product should sleak for itself.if its not up to par as it was described, they should make it right. Beign disrespectful to you will surely make you stop purchasing from them. I will definitely think twice before I use them again. So many companies to buy from, so I'm sure I will make due.

On a side note... The company John mentioned for TMI is a great company. On his recommendation I bought my TMI covers from them. They are stand up.

X-77 keith
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 05:13 PM
Senior Tech
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-77 keith View Post
That's very disappointing. I can't handle dealing with people like that. Your product should sleak for itself.if its not up to par as it was described, they should make it right. Beign disrespectful to you will surely make you stop purchasing from them. I will definitely think twice before I use them again. So many companies to buy from, so I'm sure I will make due.

On a side note... The company John mentioned for TMI is a great company. On his recommendation I bought my TMI covers from them. They are stand up.
I called several companies and some told me they don't make a front bench seat covers so I had to pick company that did, Distinctive does and they guarantee there stuff for life time so how wrong can you go with that. I will post pictures when I get them

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 19, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

I have seats. Will need foam with the Camaro Central kit

https://www.camarocentral.com/1967_M...d_p/int-12.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode