Parts from Tamraz's - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

Parts from Tamraz's

Good morning everyone. Did anyone who ordered parts from Tamraz's when they had their 50% off sale not yet received their parts? I ordered a center console base but have yet to receive it. There web site is down and it directs you to their ebay site to order. It also directs you to call an 800 number regarding orders. I haven't called the number yet, just want to see if anyone else has not received their order before I call. Last year I ordered a wire harness (Prior to the 50% sale) for non console gauges to console gauge conversion from them off the ebay site. I waited 2 months or so but the harness never came. The tracking always showed "paid but not shipped." I ended up canceling that order. My money was refunded back to me in about a week.
If anyone has called the 800 number, please post Tamraz's response to the delay...positive or negative comments.

Thanks
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 08:18 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Parts from Tamraz's

I placed my order on Dec 31st and last email I got from them was Jan 2nd letting me know the order was awaiting shipment. I called them this morning and was told the order was canceled because they didn't have the parts and that the order was sent to accounting to process the refund. The phone rep was pleasant and said he will follow up on Monday to see when my money will be returned. There was no option to wait for the parts and he apologized for the lack of communication on the order.

I have bought from them on ebay before and it always went smoothly. This sale was the first time I ordered from their website...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 09:34 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I've bought from their ebay site often and never had any issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

Thanks for the replies. I will call them Monday and ask about the status. Their website has said that they have one of the console bases like I ordered available, and has for some time. And just so it doesn't appear I am being one sided, I have also ordered from Tamraz's ebay in the past with no problems. Just my last two purchases, the wire harness, which was ordered off ebay site and the console ordered off the store web site have fallen into question.

Thanks
Rick
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 06:27 PM
Tech Team
ken

they sell parts they dont have in stock. and will lie to you and string you along forever.
will never do buisness with them again.
parkbrau and yellow69RS like this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 07:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

We that sucks. I posted the 50% off promo. A tractor trailer came to my shop almost a week and a half after I placed my order. I got everything I ordered shipped truck freight for free. Two pallets full. Sorry to hear it did not work out for. Y'all.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 11:40 PM
Tech Team
Dave

I must have got lucky. Ordered a gas tank and taillight panel and a shift knob and got everything in a week. First time I had bought from them too. Worst web site ever. I had to get part numbers from other sites to put in the search and for the shift knob went through 16 tabs Sorry to hear but Ive seen similar comments on other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
1970 Code 48 10 Z28 4 speed with Z87
Got it in 1978..first car i ever bought!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 19, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

Well I got around to calling Tamraz's today. I spoke with John who said that he was sorry that someone didn't call me regarding my order (laughable...gets better). He said that within days of placing my order during the 50% off sale their website crashed. He went on to say that the part (console) that I ordered was not in stock so my money would be refunded. I asked him about the console on the ebay site that shows they have one. John said, "That one is not in stock. It would be dropped shipped." He did tell me that I was more than welcome to pay full price for the one on ebay. I said, "No thanks."

It sounds to me that maybe Tamraz's had the 50% off sale on items in their warehouse only (Which they failed to mention at the time of the sale) and are trying to no longer stock items. It sounds like maybe they are turning into a business that takes orders and will only drop ship...I could be wrong.

In any case, that's the update on my order from Tamraz's

Rick
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 19, 03:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

That blows. Sorry man.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 19, 05:34 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I've ordered numerous times from Tamraz's Ebay store with no problems
until my last order about 2 months ago. Their Ebay store showed the item
in stock. I normally receive their orders in 2 days so on the 4th day I called
and was told the item was back ordered. Ebay store still showed in stock so
I cancelled the order. I got the same sorry no one contacted you.

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 19, 04:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Tamaraz is local to me as is D and R. I needed something a year or two ago and drove out to them as it showed in stock on Ebay. I get there the guy says they don't stock it, it would be drop shipped. I tired to do business with them way back and got similar results. Quite honestly I'm surprised they are still around.

Jeff
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 19, 04:59 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

With the cost of shipping always going up, lots of businesses are moving to the distrubuter or manufacturer drop ship method so expect to see more of it everywhere.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 19, 11:55 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Update on my last post, I did get my full refund last week as the rep had stated... I haven't found anything shady beyond the 50% off sale on products they don't stock... Was this advertised as a stockroom clearance? I got my refund and they were polite an attentive when I called. Probably would have gotten refund sooner had I called sooner!

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 19, 01:36 PM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

May I mention Who runs a 50% off promotion ??? That's unheard of in this hobby. The whole thing sounds shady to me. Glad it worked out for some guys. Just my .02

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 19, 04:22 PM
Senior Tech
Richard

I think their ad stated that the 50% off sale ran through Dec. 31 and I ordered on Dec. 31 during the afternoon and got my parts within a week but, NO 50% off price. My invoice showed the regular price. Too aggravated to call and complain, so I just chalk it up as a lesson learned. As Donny mentioned, who runs a 50% off price on parts in this hobby? I should have known better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode