Seat Belt ? - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Seat Belt ?

What do you guys do with your seat belt when not in use? I have the shoulder and factory lap seat belts in my 1967 Camaro. The buckles for the shoulder belts just lie on the floor behind the seat. I rarely use the shoulder belt due to their not very easy to fold back up each time. I've thought of installing clips into the center console like the 68 has. What do you guys do? Pics would be appreciated.
Thanks!

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 06:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage
Re: Seat Belt ?

68. Buckle in slot on console and retractors for the other half.

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
The older I get the faster I was.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scblucam View Post
68. Buckle in slot on console and retractors for the other half.
I've seen the clips for sale at Eckler's for the center console buckle. What do you mean retractors for the other half?
Pics are worth a thousand words if you have some.

Thank you

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 06:45 PM
Senior Tech
Don

https://www.morrisclassic.com/produc...seat-belts-new

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1969 Z28 factory air project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- sold
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Thanks, but I'm not looking to replace what I have at this time. I'm curious what people do that have the factory seat belts and where they set them. Seems like between me and the passenger we are both grabbing the wrong buckle since there are 4 of them.

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 08:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

Quote:
Pics are worth a thousand words if you have some.
Tried to take pics last night and they come out black. Need my IT guy to see if my phone is dead. Spring loaded seatbelt retractors. Pulls back into a housing between the seat and door. Don't remember where I got them, classic or somewhere. Had to trim them for after market seats but keeps them out of the way.

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 19, 09:31 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

67 shoulder belts are pretty rare and a one year only design. Do you have the clips in the rear to hold buckle when not in use ? There's a few pics here. Camaro Factory Options CRG would like to hear from you.

Does your car have retractors for the lap belt ? Early 67 didn't have retractors. Pics and info here...Camaro Seat Belts - CRG Research Report

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfields Maro View Post
67 shoulder belts are pretty rare and a one year only design. Do you have the clips in the rear to hold buckle when not in use ? There's a few pics here. Camaro Factory Options CRG would like to hear from you.

Does your car have retractors for the lap belt ? Early 67 didn't have retractors. Pics and info here...Camaro Seat Belts - CRG Research Report
Thank you for that information. It enticed me to do more research. I'm fairly confident my car has been outfitted with 68-69 seat belts out of a standard interior car even though mine has a deluxe interior that still has original door panels and head liner. I have the black covers not the stainless metal covers on the buckles. I also have 3 seat belts in the back which I'm glad are there because they've all been used.
I am now leaning towards Don's link to the Morris Classics 3 point belt option. Seems to be the cleanest, safest option available.

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 05:45 AM
Senior Tech
Billy Morris

Don,

Than You for the link recommendation.
Forum members get a 5% discount.
Look at our other parts, Clear Shot Mirrors
they eliminate the blind spot & stay adjusted
Billy
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 06:05 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

I just let it lay down on the floor. I'm in a state that you have to wear the belt.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I just let it lay down on the floor. I'm in a state that you have to wear the belt.
I always wear my lap belt but also want to wear the shoulder belt more often. The shoulder belt is cumbersome to always fold back up into the ceiling clips on the ceiling and also having to double buckle is a pain.

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 08:56 AM
Senior Tech
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
Thank you for that information. It enticed me to do more research. I'm fairly confident my car has been outfitted with 68-69 seat belts out of a standard interior car even though mine has a deluxe interior that still has original door panels and head liner. I have the black covers not the stainless metal covers on the buckles. I also have 3 seat belts in the back which I'm glad are there because they've all been used.
I am now leaning towards Don's link to the Morris Classics 3 point belt option. Seems to be the cleanest, safest option available.
As the CRG article says, the seatbelts were a separate and additional option from the deluxe interior. Having a deluxe interior does not necessarily mean you would also have deluxe belts.

Around April of 1967 they started adding the chrome metal clips to the sides of the console, if so equipped, to hold the inner belts when not in use.
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-...lips-1967.html

Here are retractors that I believe could be added to the outside belts, if you have the earlier 67 style
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-...1967-1969.html

I have a convertible and plan to install the three point Morris belts for enhanced safety over the factory belts.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes L48 View Post
As the CRG article says, the seatbelts were a separate and additional option from the deluxe interior. Having a deluxe interior does not necessarily mean you would also have deluxe belts.

Around April of 1967 they started adding the chrome metal clips to the sides of the console, if so equipped, to hold the inner belts when not in use.
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-...lips-1967.html

Here are retractors that I believe could be added to the outside belts, if you have the earlier 67 style

I have a convertible and plan to install the three point Morris belts for enhanced safety over the factory belts.
Mine has retractors on the door side of the seat. Thanks for the information. Morris is the way I'm going. I really appreciate all help offered.

Dave

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 05:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

Quote:
That is not what I have. They have a plastic cover to cover the mechanism

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 19, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scblucam View Post
That is not what I have. They have a plastic cover to cover the mechanism
I click those links and they only take me to the main Eckler's page. My retractors also have the plastic outer covering. I have no idea what your talking about?

!967 Camaro
383 stroker
Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode