TMI one piece headliner (very poor quality) - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 19, 08:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Re: TMI one piece headliner (very poor quality)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal805 View Post
Some of these 1st gens have been repaired at some point in their lives with the wrong year, or not so good aftermarket, Sheetmetal. This may not be the OP's issue and ideally it is a mispackaged headliner kit in his case. But certainly a WTF moment for those experiencing fitment issues for interior trim, etc. if they have a car with diffrent year sheetmetal.

A guy shows up at a cruise in his new to him 69 SS. It appeared to be a very nice restoration and high (over $40k) $ paid by the new owner. Closer inspection revealed it had 68 quarters (round wheel wells)....or a 68 with 69 doors and front end Sheetmetal. Didn't get a chance to see VIN or cowl tag as the new owner was quite upset and left after someone said out loud about the variance in Sheetmetal.

Last owner that had my Z painted back in 1986 did a PERFORATED head liner...it looks OK...though not original.

06A 1969 Camaro Z28 711 69 B Black Stripes Console w/tach and gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 19, 03:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
Hi Brett, you would be so kind and look into your correspondence. See if I have the wrong piece too.
Zdenek,
Here are the pics of the differences in the A-Pillars. The P/N 8069 is for 67/68 & the 8070 are for 69. You can see the differences between the two, but you have to look very close and compare the shapes. The covers on the top are for 67/68. I purchased my kit through Retro-Resto on eBay. What year Camaro do you have? If you have a 67/68, I would ship you the pillar covers that I initially received. I don't want anything for them and we can work out the shipping charges. I think the root cause of this is the fact in some descriptions, they state "67-69" when in fact it is "67/68" & "69" is different. I'm not sure that the Quality inspectors are being told what to inspect.
USA quality is generally pretty good but I can understand your frustration. I was very frustrated as well when my parts did not fit and I let the guy at Retro-Resto know about it, so much that I had to apologize to him after he got me a replacement kit when it wasn't even his fault.

Brett.....

This is a copy of the packing list. I stated in the order notes I wanted a Black Madrid for a 69 Camaro. This pack list proved that they sent a kit for a 67/68 and what the part number is for that kit. This proved I did not receive what I ordered.

Rockets Up In 2020!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Code X-66 SS 396 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue

Last edited by Brettallen59; Dec 14th, 19 at 03:48 AM. Reason: typo
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 19, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Zdenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettallen59 View Post
Zdenek,
Here are the pics of the differences in the A-Pillars. The P/N 8069 is for 67/68 & the 8070 are for 69. You can see the differences between the two, but you have to look very close and compare the shapes. The covers on the top are for 67/68. I purchased my kit through Retro-Resto on eBay. What year Camaro do you have? If you have a 67/68, I would ship you the pillar covers that I initially received. I don't want anything for them and we can work out the shipping charges. I think the root cause of this is the fact in some descriptions, they state "67-69" when in fact it is "67/68" & "69" is different. I'm not sure that the Quality inspectors are being told what to inspect.
USA quality is generally pretty good but I can understand your frustration. I was very frustrated as well when my parts did not fit and I let the guy at Retro-Resto know about it, so much that I had to apologize to him after he got me a replacement kit when it wasn't even his fault.

Brett.....

This is a copy of the packing list. I stated in the order notes I wanted a Black Madrid for a 69 Camaro. This pack list proved that they sent a kit for a 67/68 and what the part number is for that kit. This proved I did not receive what I ordered.

Hi, it's very nice of you. I'll compare mine to your pictures and see if I have the right ones. Sorry to write off a little later, but I had a lot of work to do before Christmas.

Chevy Camaro 67 396 RS
Plymouth Barracuda 72 "in resto"

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 19, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Zdenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettallen59 View Post
Zdenek,

Brett.....

Hi Brett you ware right i have from 69

Chevy Camaro 67 396 RS
Plymouth Barracuda 72 "in resto"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode