• 1 Post By Shannon4570
  • 1 Post By 69-er

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 20, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Eric

Garage
Out of Sight Audio - Radio Delete

Hi All, I have decided to go with a radio delete panel on the face of my dash. I found a company that offers a Bluetooth "receiver" that does not require a head unit and it will allow me to play music or stream from my iPhone. See Out of Sight Audio - Hidden Bluetooth Audio and Hands Free Calling for any vehicle.

Does anyone have experience with this company, or does anyone have experience with a similar solution? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Eric

1968 Standard Coupe, LS1, T56
2007 Tahoe, Z71, Cold Air & Tune
2001 Silverado, Z71, TSP Cam, Cold Air & Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 20, 06:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Re: Out of Sight Audio - Radio Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by really_n0b0dy View Post
Hi All, I have decided to go with a radio delete panel on the face of my dash. I found a company that offers a Bluetooth "receiver" that does not require a head unit and it will allow me to play music or stream from my iPhone. See Out of Sight Audio - Hidden Bluetooth Audio and Hands Free Calling for any vehicle.

Does anyone have experience with this company, or does anyone have experience with a similar solution? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Eric
For what it's worth my neighbor uses one of these in his shop to stream a pandora channel via his wifi/phone. I think the concept is essentially the same and works really well.
really_n0b0dy likes this.

1969 Camaro - a gift from the brother-in-law build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 20, 07:31 PM
Apprentice
Scott

I already have a radio delete panel and I've been looking for something like this. Thanks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Eric

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbud View Post
I already have a radio delete panel and I've been looking for something like this. Thanks
Looking forward to seeing your results -

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 08:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

You can do the same thing with a Bluetooth amp like this one. A local first gen buddy is using this in his car and loves it.

Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UTXQL74..._qbEhEbKVFFHMT

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 11:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
You can do the same thing with a Bluetooth amp like this one. A local first gen buddy is using this in his car and loves it.

Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UTXQL74..._qbEhEbKVFFHMT
I got the same for my truck. Works as advertised but a few things I didn't like.

To power a sub amp the front or rear speaker outputs would have to be connected to the sub's speaker level inputs. The RCA outputs of the Kenwood aren't powered if the RCA inputs aren't used, (which they aren't if your using it just for bluetooth.)

There was background noise even with the engine off. Kind of a white noise.

The wired volume control would not totally mute the sound when set to its lowest level. I had to compromise by turning down the bluetooth volume on my phone to get at a reasonable low level without affecting normal listening levels. If I turned the phone down to completely mute the sound then there was no volume when the amp was turned up.

I didn't try very hard to troubleshoot this as I wasn't very happy with the sound of the system overall. That doesn't mean the Kenwood was at fault as I installed the 4x6 speakers in the dash and behind the back corners of the cab. I think my design was flawed in that respect.

Current Project:
69 Z/28 Resto-Mod
Next In Line:
83 Z28 Restoration
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Eric

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-er View Post
I got the same for my truck. Works as advertised but a few things I didn't like.

To power a sub amp the front or rear speaker outputs would have to be connected to the sub's speaker level inputs. The RCA outputs of the Kenwood aren't powered if the RCA inputs aren't used, (which they aren't if your using it just for bluetooth.)

There was background noise even with the engine off. Kind of a white noise.

The wired volume control would not totally mute the sound when set to its lowest level. I had to compromise by turning down the bluetooth volume on my phone to get at a reasonable low level without affecting normal listening levels. If I turned the phone down to completely mute the sound then there was no volume when the amp was turned up.

I didn't try very hard to troubleshoot this as I wasn't very happy with the sound of the system overall. That doesn't mean the Kenwood was at fault as I installed the 4x6 speakers in the dash and behind the back corners of the cab. I think my design was flawed in that respect.
Really good information, thank you - I'm seeing more landmines than I expected

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 05:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I was wondering about this as it sounds like a very simple solution, but I guess it isnt what I thought??

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 20, 06:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

I suppose if you got the amp from somewhere that is generous with their return policy you could do a quick wire up and see if you get the same results I did.
really_n0b0dy likes this.

Current Project:
69 Z/28 Resto-Mod
Next In Line:
83 Z28 Restoration
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 20, 04:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

One of the guys at the restoration shop that painted my car was telling me about this years ago but I had already purchased a Retrosound head unit for the car. He swears by them!

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode