Team Camaro Tech banner

Nu-relics Nu-Cranks install question

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  130fe 
#1 ·
Anybody have any insight or have installed these? I'm looking for where and how you may have installed. The motor is right where this wants t live on a original door panel ( I think, I don't have my door panels yet) Seems that I need to mount to the outside between the door panel and door itself. There is a slight depression or recessed area that it could fit. It might just push me to purchase my door panels sooner than later to get the correct location the first time.

Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok.... So, no response. I spent the day yesterday cutting cardboard, had a piece of 16 gauge steel and went to it. I had to cut out a couple notches so the small bolt heads didn't touch the door panel steel but I wasn't worried about loosing any integrity. The gauge steel between the two regulator bolts made up for anything loss. I added a piece of foam to the back side, just as a squeak or rattle eliminator. Fits real nice in the recessed area and door panels fit without any bulge. May not be my best fab job, but who will see it? Overall, I am very happy with these as it will look stock appearance and with just a touch, power!

Hope this serves someone else well...

Attachments

#5 ·
The reason for keeping the handle is to make it look like a regular car, and so you don't have to go out and buy new door panels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.