TMI Visors - Team Camaro Tech
Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 20, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trace

TMI Visors

I got a pair of visors from Classic Industries to match my TMI headliner. I'm pretty sure they are TMI brand visors, but I already tossed the packaging they came in. Went to install them today, and noticed the pin on the pivot end was pushing into the visor as I was pushing the pivot collar thing on (which is not easy). I pulled on it lightly, and the pin came right out. It made it a lot easier to install the pin into the pivots, but it's clear that the pin doesn't have enough friction with the metal sleeve in the visor to hold the visor up.

Anyone else had this issue? The sleeve looks like it can be squeezed together to tighten it up, but I have my doubts on that working for the long term. I am considering epoxying the pins into the visors, but would like some better ideas.

I'm not calling TMI out here - IMO they're one of the better aftermarket businesses around. I'm assuming this is my fault at this point, and I'm used to having to do a little massaging of pretty much every part I install on my Camaro.

'67 LS1 resto-mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 20, 01:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Re: TMI Visors

I bought TMI visors as well to go with my one piece headliner. I actually had the opposite problem which was the rod was too far out effectively making the headliner too wide. I very carefully pushed it inwards where is stayed put but it was difficult to do so.

I only bring this up because i think you are on the right track - it's a crimp/press fit but ultimately you may want to use a little epoxy or jb weld to hold it in place. Just make sure you have them adjusted correctly so the rubber end fits in the rear view mirror anchor where it should and it's not too long or short.

1969 Camaro - a gift from the brother-in-law build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 20, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Trace

Re: TMI Visors

Good point, thanks. I noticed before I started that the pins stuck out further than the OEM visors, but it didn't occur to me to check the overall length vs. the old ones. The pin seems to bottom out in a spot that matches the width of the old visors. I peeled the cover off of my OEM visors that was in the worst shape, and the pin goes all the way through a long C-shaped sheetmetal sleeve, but that sleeve is just a couple inches long on the new ones.

'67 LS1 resto-mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode