Interiors Upholstery & soft trim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 20, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
JPT

Garage
1968 Camaro RS Convertible w stock A/C Kick Panels

Hey everyone

I'm trying to find GM (or Body by Fisher) documentation on how to remove & install the driver & passenger "Kick" Panels (or Shroud Side Finishing Panels) from my 1968 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible with stock A/C.

I've found some info from this forum & others but I can't find the "official" documentation.

I have the 1968 Camaro Factory Assembly Manual (Assembly Instructions) & the Body by Fisher 1968 Service Manual but I can't find installation/ removal information in either manual.

Thx in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 20, 01:45 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

Re: 1968 Camaro RS Convertible w stock A/C Kick Panels

You missed it. It's in the Fisher Body manual.

Check out page 5-2 (Front End) starting at the bottom - "SHROUD SIDE FINISHING PANEL AND AIR OUTLET DUCT ASSEMBLY-"A-F-X-Z" & 26657 Styles". Continues on page 5-3 and 5-4.

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ed B. (but you can call me Bert!)
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 20, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
JPT

Garage

Thx for the reply Ed

I found that section but from what I can tell it doesn't include vehicles with stock A/C (since my Air Outlet Duct Assembly does NOT have a cable/ pull knob & I have a "Cover" that attaches to the Kick Panel instead of a Grille)

And it does not show anything on the driver side "Kick" Panel. There has to be some documentation somewhere - right?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 20, 02:33 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

Nope, that's it. However, if there were any major differences for the kick panels with A/C, there would have been a separate section or a reference to it. Also, the driver side panel removes and installs the same way as the passenger side.

Ed

CRG -
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 20, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
JPT

Garage

FYI: I found the A/C specifics in the 1968 Camaro Factory Assembly Manual. The Passenger Kick Panel & other parts ARE different than a non-A/C car. It also references, "Provided by Fisher Body" for the Kick Panel & attach Screws. But the Body by Fisher 1968 Service Manual doesn't show the A/C Kick Panel version as far as I can tell.

So the basic Kick Panel installation is covered in the Body by Fisher 1968 Service Manual and some of the specifics for an A/C equipped car is in the 1968 Camaro Factory Assembly Manual in the "Options" Section in the back (UPC C60 A3).

Thx again for helping me talk my way thru this!

JPT
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 06:50 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Yes, the panels are different, but as I stated above, the removal and assembly is the same, which is why the A/C panels aren't specified in the Fisher manual.

Ed

CRG -
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 07:14 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Of the 35 plus cars we have restored, we only removed the kick panel on 2, if I can recall. The question I have, why do you want to take them out. It is a PIA to do so. . . . . just an old guy askin!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Probationer
JPT

Garage

Why remove my Kick Panels? One was so damaged it looked like it had been hacked with an axe & the other was so warped it just looked terrible.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 06:11 PM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Good point. After you remove the screws, just start pulling and twisting, it will come out.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 20, 07:04 PM
Senior Tech
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camaro Guy View Post
Of the 35 plus cars we have restored, we only removed the kick panel on 2, if I can recall. The question I have, why do you want to take them out. It is a PIA to do so. . . . . just an old guy askin!

How do you "restore" a car without removing the kick panels? are these not rotisserie restorations?
I guess restoration has different meaning to different folks

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode