Team Camaro Tech banner

Hotchkis users

944 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MangeMD 
#1 ·
I have 275 40 17 in the back and was thinking of the hotchkis and was wondering. Has the 2407's eliminated your wheel hop? How do guys like the ride? Can you put somebody heavy in the back and not get any bottoming out on a bumpy road?

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey MarkM,

Will the 275 tires on a 9.5" rim rub on the back of a 67 with 5.5" BS and drum brakes? (Hotchkis 1.5" drop)

Thanks,

Gary

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. As for the wheel hop it is more of a problem for the 67 because of the shocks not being staggred.I would like to hear from a 67 owner. Hey Gary someone over at hotckis told me that the springs are actually a progressive spring between 150 - 180 this might lead to guess that rubbing would not be an issue but maybe Mark can chime in. I too have 9.5 with 5.5 backspacing.

#8 ·
I did, however I think there are a lot of factors that play into wheel hop. Like tire pressure, pinion angles etc. With out changing every component I want a spring to put it and not worry about it and others experiences should be a good reference. I'll tell you though, every time I go to david's website there is something there that always refreshes my memory and raises my eyebrows no matter how many times I've read it.

#9 ·
I have to agree with you on that one RAG!

The only reason I posted that was because it pertained to the Hotchkis leafs (leaves?) and the rates.
The pinion angle change hasn't been mentioned before with these springs on a factory rear. I can't measure the difference in mine because I already trashed the multileafs that were on the car when I bought it. I'd be very interested in seeing how close to the factory 4 degrees the 8.5" rear is that I'm putting in with everything else being 'stock' but the springs. Adding subframe connectors to the front spring mounts has to play a role in the angle, I'm sure. It brings the front spring eye down a hair. Another place to play if need be I suppose.

Seeing as how there's plenty of space in the spring brackets when using the Hotchkis leafs, there's room to play with shims and whatnot. A couple months ago, someone started a thread about shimming the rear (and the trans mount) because of a vibration but I can't find it, and what rear springs he was using. I'd love to know what he ended up doing and what springs he used.

#11 ·
Thanks Mark!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.