I need 00 camaro clear lail lights - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Question

Hey anyone know where i can get clear tail lights for my 2000 camaro?

------------------
Z.Moore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 07:50 AM

I did a search on the web for Euro Tail Lenses and found many links to sites that cary the clear tail lights online. I saw some for latemodel Camaro's but did not look long enough for a 00 year.
Calling or emailing one of these companies should get you further if they don't list your year.

good luck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 07:56 AM
Senior Tech

You might try a Honda or Mitsubishi dealership. Oh, wait... You want them for a Camaro?!? Never mind.

Scott.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 08:06 AM
Senior Tech
Gary

Angry

WHY!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 10:32 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Does anyone know where I can get clear tail light lenses for my '69? I already added "Type R" stickers on the fenders and a "V-Tech" sticker on the tailpan. I can really tell the difference in acceleration with the new stickers. I've hear the taillights are worth another 25 hp.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 11:27 AM

"to each his own" "TO EACH HIS OWN" this is the future of hot rodding here *cough*thatwe'veallbeendreading*cough*. but really, we have to open our arms.. maybe it's a compromise, maybe we should start saying clear tail light lenses are only available with a cat back system, or, for every type-r sticker you put on your car, you need a performance mod to go with it...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 01, 11:36 AM

"to each his own" "TO EACH HIS OWN" this is the future of hot rodding here *cough*thatwe'veallbeendreading*cough*. but really, we have to open our arms.. maybe it's a compromise, maybe we should start saying clear tail light lenses are only available with a cat back system, or, for every type-r sticker you put on your car, you need a performance mod to go with it...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 01, 02:21 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

Try a red bulb and some Saran Wrap.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get some 8" diameter chrome tips for my dual exhaust?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 01, 05:40 AM

Damn, cut the guy a break! It's a styling modification. Much like the little purple dots you put on the tail lights. Or the phantom guages everybody praises. Look at Brent Jackson's interior build-up featured on hotrod.com. It says, in quotes, how Anbrose went for the more "Euro" look with the seat design. Yet how much praise did Brent get for his incredible hot rod?? Was he asking about a sticker kit and wing for his camaro? No. Just clear lenses. No claims of horsepower increases or better dynamics. Cut the guy some slack.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 01, 06:03 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Before this gets out of hand let's clear the air. The focus of this site is first generation. A look at the main page https://camaros.net/ and the links off it https://camaros.net/info.html as an example should explain that. We do try to help when ever we can and I think the guys were just having some fun. The part they forgot about is "Helping"... That's what this place is about.

Z.Moore - try www.rksports.com and you may find more information at www.ls1.com . You have the right to mod your car as you see fit. Clear tail light lenses are not something that most here would put on their first gens. With that as the focus it makes it hard to picture the mod. We don't chase anyone away so please (trolls excluded) don't feel this is the intent. Do keep in mind the focus of the site and if you don't get answers to gen four questions understand it's not the expertise found here.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 01, 11:22 AM

I know you're also looking for a new cat converter, and duals, and www.rksports.com has everything you need, I was curious and checked it out. (thanks dennis for link)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode