How Did you find your car? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I am curious as to the method that everyone has used to find their current camaro.

Thanks
Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 10:42 AM
Senior Tech

Carfind.com

I did a search for 67-69 camaro.
and got a bunch of them all over the country
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 11:09 AM
Senior Tech

I used the GoTo.com link that used to be on this forum and did a search to find mine.

Dean

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 11:16 AM

I used hemmings and special interest auto
It took me about 8 months to find the car
Tim
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 11:36 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

I found mine traderonline.com I also looked on excite and yahoo

------------------
Black 69 camaro
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 12:08 PM

I was driving to get a router bit one Saturday morning, and was behind this bitchin' 68 Camaro that I had NEVER seen before. I followed it for a while, but then had to turn off where I was going. On the way back home, I saw the same Camaro sitting in the parking lot at the gym. I pulled in to look at it. The guy was still putzing around getting ready to go inside the gym. I got out & talked with him for a while, praising him on how nice it was... He told me it was for sale. I asked how much... my mouth dropped with how low (for the condition it was in) he was asking. I tried to buy it that very same day, but ended having to wait a week (for him to get his stuff together).

------------------
David
Camaro - '68 327 Coupe, '86 Z-28 IROC 305 TPI
Corvette - '73 Mako Shark II, '79 L-82, '82 Cross-fire, '01 Coupe
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 01:20 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

My friend came up to me and said one of his budies wanted to sale his camaro. I looked at the car and bought it a week later. Now the guy calls me every month asking if I will sell it back to him. He's even offered me two times what I paid him to buy the car back. Somethings you never miss until there gone.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 02:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

8 month search of every single 67-69 camaro for sale in Arizona. Even went to Southern California looking. Finally found a 67 rs in the Phoenix paper, woke the people up at 6:00, got there at 7:00 AM and gave the guy a deposit. I was at his house later that day to do paperwork and the phone never stopped ringing. 67 RS royal plum/parchment.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 02:34 PM
Tech Team

traderonline.com is the how I found mine. They are national and are pretty popular. Monitor your local Auto Trader publication every few weeks also.

Leftcoast

------------------
'67 Camaro 327
Edelbrock intake & carb, dynomax headers & exhaust, TH350
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 04:16 PM

a freind of mine frequents the auction circuit around here he told me he picked up a 80Z28 and was going to restore it,then he called about a month later and said he was going to sell it i thought my brother in law may want it i called him and he said take a look for him i told him i would,well when i saw the car i sorta fell in love and ended up buying the car for myself then had to explain this to my bro.in law,he was a little upset but now its a ongoing joke between us.

------------------
chris
1980 Z/28
350 .60 over stock bottom end world products torker2s 280H compcam edel.performer rpm,holly 750 dual feed.
2200 stall,- but still not done.
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 01, 06:47 PM
XK1
Senior Tech

Well, I guess I got mine a little different. I had a 75 Camaro bought in NH, all rusted out. I needed a replacement, esp since it had a 6 cyl. when I lived in FLA, I had seen a Camaro sitting in some guys yard from the interstate for months. I finally went to ask about it, and it was on a flatbed 15 minutes from going to the crusher. It was NOT in good shape, but the body was solid. It had been sitting there for a year in floridas sun, rain and humidity with the windows down. I paid him scrap price and hauled it off. In the 7 or 8 years since then, its had a lot of work and combos, several engines, transmissions and rearends. redone interior, under the hood looks and runs like a showcar, the car would look like (if they had made them) a 76 Z28 if it weren't for the primer! Not the same class of car as the others here, but its been a lot of fun and is still a work of love, labor, cash, art, fustration, and a need for speed, as I'm sure all the others are!!!

[This message has been edited by XK1 (edited 09-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by XK1 (edited 09-07-2001).]
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 01, 08:47 AM
Tech Team

My lumber salesman new I was looking for a 69 Camaro and he knew a guy about 20 miles away that had one and was semi interested in selling it. My wife and I went to look and when he opened the garage door our eyes almost popped out of our heads. We took it for a drive and we wanted to make an offer right then and there. We new we had to compose ourselves. As nice as it was , we did not wast to buy the first one we saw, so we thanked the guy and left. After searching local car showes, the local paper auto trader Hemmings for about 3 months, I even went to a goodguys show at Charlotte Motor Speedway on a weekend I happened to be in North Carolina. I found cars that were nicer but alot more money. The more cars I looked at during my search the more I wanted the first one we drove. I told my wife I wanted to buy it and she started with the "no not now, we better wait". The next day I came home from work and it was sitting in my driveway!!!!!!!! My wife bought it for me.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 01, 09:32 AM
Tech Team

Cool

i saw the car setting in a parking lot for sell, so i went over and got the phone number for it and looked over it a little bit, called the lady talked to her about it and then later that night me and some friends was over looking at it and some other kid had called about it and asked her for a test drive, well she thought it was me and asked me if wanted to take it for a ride so i said ya, took it for a ride and wanted the right then, but then later that night the kid who wanted to take it for a test drive came up and asked if we saw the lady and we said no, and told him he should not buy the car. it was kinda funny
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 01, 10:48 AM
Team Member
John

After over a year of looking at 20+ cars trying to find an unmolested 69Z (that hadn't been tubbed, slammed, with a blown big-block sticking through the hood), finally found mine in the Chevrolet corporate display at the Woodward Cruise a year ago. 2-owner car, 32K miles, from Toronto, stored in the original owner's house (next to the pool table in the lower-level walkout rec room) from 1978-1993, never saw rain, salt, or snow. Canadian-delivered new, now have all original documentation, nothing done to it from new except tires, belts, hoses, and battery. Sheer luck

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 01, 10:49 AM
Senior Tech

Trader on line.

I went down to BFE and saw my car for the first time. I wanted one in better condition, but did not have the money. I orginally said no, but I had been driving my wife nuts for 9 months looking for a 69 Camaro and was told (more like ordered) by her to buy the car. You have to love wives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode