How rare is Orange Houndstooth in a coupe? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 01, 05:33 PM
Jeremiah

I just bought a 69 SS Hugger Orange with Orange Houndstooth interior. I allways hear about how rare the Yellow Houndstooth is yet I have seen five of them for sale recently. I have never seen another Coupe with Orange Houndstooth other than this one. I would like to hear your oppinions on how rare this option was in a coupe. The car is a X11/D80 with code 72/72 pain and code 720 interior. I have owned severall first gen Camaros and the car is unrestored and without a doubt original with 63,000 miles. Thanks for your replies.

Check out our website at WWW.WorldWideMuscleCars.com
While you are there please sign the Guest Book. The site is new and we would like to hear your oppinions. Thank you. Jeremy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 01, 05:10 PM
Senior Tech
Joel

Jeremiah,

I have had a ton of camaro`s but never a 72/72 car and yes they are rare.I do know of a 69 Z/28 with 72/72 that a guy has and intends to restore it some day but not at this point.Your site is very cool and the cars look great but as you can see by your reply`s some of the folks here aren`t to warm to dealers as you and myself are.In the past the dealer topics have gotten pretty hot and loose so be cool and have fun here but keep to your self about the dealer thing as I do and you can get the info you need.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 01, 06:27 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allcamaro:
but as you can see by your reply`s some of the folks here aren`t to warm to dealers as you and myself are.In the past the dealer topics have gotten pretty hot and loose so be cool and have fun here but keep to your self about the dealer thing as I do and you can get the info you need.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you have that all wrong allcamaro!! First from an administrative stand point, as long as you don't use the forums or this site for business gains you have every right to particapate. Like everyone else if you have something to sell or buy, a free ads section is provided. www.camaros.net/ads A web page link in a signature is fine as well...

From a personal standpoint, if a dealer represents his product honestly and pricing is fair why would anyone have a problem with what you do? In the past we have been visited by a dealer that used the site to replacate high dollar cars with the intent of passing them off as the real deal! We have had seen dealers on ebay repeatedly mis-represent, pull the car off the market then after a monthor so mis-represent it again. Folks here stepped up and took a stance!! Oh and we cannot forget the dealer that was restamping trannys and selling cars as correct numbers matching when they were far from it. I believe that dealer even tried to reposess the car from the owner so there would be no evidence...

In another thread I asked if Jeremiah was a dealer and was met with "I dont think my question was directed to you" If I touched on a sore subject it wasn't from my corner. If you guys are honest, stand-up camaro guys you won't catch flack around here. Some in your profession have created a stereo-type that your participation here can help you over come... It won't happen if the us and them wall goes up!!

Back on topic, I believe the 72/72 just means the car is hugger upper and lower. The 720 orange houndstooth interior in a hugger car is not very common. One of the guys in our local club has a RSSS that is orig that way. It's the only one I have seen like it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 01, 05:20 AM
Jeremiah

DJD, I appreciate your intrest in my post. I agree with your point on the advertisement issue. The 69 Camaros are my personal vavorites although I have owned a few of every Gen. I am the vice president of the local Classic Camaro Club, a member of the Worldwide Camaro Club and a former member of the U.S. Camaro Club. Just to let you know I do not see dollar signs when I see a rare car. I am a dedicated Camaro enthusiast like yourself. Buisenes gain was not my intent of this post. Thanks. Jeremiah.

[This message has been edited by Jeremiah (edited 09-26-2001).]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 01, 05:55 AM

Cool

I'm a little disturbed over what I see here. Jeremiah posted a legitimate question for the purpose of obtaining factual information from people, in his opinion as well as mine and many others, to be very credible and knowledgeable about Camaros. He listed a site in which anyone was welcome to go to and have a look. He never solicited anyone here in his add. Now all of a sudden, it becomes about whether or not he is a dealer and not really about his question. I can't remember ever reading anything on any of the sites I frequent where a Dealer asked if people replying to adds were "collectors", "hobbiests", or "Tire-Kickers". In my opinion, and that is all it is, dealers can often help people in lots of ways when looking for or even buying these old cars. I have been to many privately owned car owners homes looking at there cars for sale and found that they can be just as ill informed or misleading about the truth as we as a whole say dealers are. Private owners are also victims of "seeing dollar signs" when it comes to buying an old car. Has any of you ever passed up buying a camaro that you knew you could sell easily for a profit or profit from or use the parts? All I'm saying is, everyone should be treated equally here until they do something to warrant this type of treatment. Even lawyers! LOL
Thanks for the space!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 01, 06:25 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Mikey - what type of treatment? All I did was attempt to dispell the notion that "All" dealers get poor treatment here!! What I posted goes for anyone that posts at this site. Sorry if my trying to make others comfortable here disturbed you. I truly don't want either of these guys to feel like if they speak as a dealer or make refrence to dealers that they will be jumped on! I felt Jeremiah was on the defensive and allcamaro obviously has felt he has needed to avoid the topic from his post in this thread...

I don't know what sites you frequent but here folks have started threads that have grown 5 or 6 pages about who are you?, what do you do?, how old are you? etc. This site has evolved into more than a question and answer board. It has taken on a community like personality. I referenced some things that have transpired in the past in an effort to show where allcamaro may have gotten the impression that dealers are not welcome! Everyone that is honest and willing to make an effort to get along is welcome!

On another note Jeremiah as I said your webmaster did an awsome job and from the looks of it you have some cool cars on display!! Not just the Camaros!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 01, 01:06 PM
Senior Tech
William

Here in Wisconsin a coupe with orange houndstooth is not rare at all. Of the 4 Z/28s I've owned 2 had it, one a JL8 car. There is another nearby, a Z/28-RS. I've seen at least 3 other 720 Z/28s in town over the years, one with a parchment vinyl top. In addition I've taken 2 complete 720 interiors out of coupes in junkyards. A co-worker was the original owner of a COPO from Dale Chevrolet, a Hi-Perf dealership. It was all orange, no style trim. Never saw it but supposed to still be around. Many of the 720 interior cars came from Dale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode