trans kickdown and accelerator question - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 01, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Once i solve these two minor problems, my 68 RS Camaro will be ready to go. I converted this car from a 6 cylinder to a stock 327/210 engine,2 barrel carb. The 6 had a cable from the gas pedal to the carb. The 8 cylinders have a rod that goes through the firewall,then an arm that goes to the carb.All of my Camaro catalogs have this assembly,but only for a 4-barrel carb.Is there a special arm for 2-barrels? The kickdown assembly for the powerglide, which i have hooked up,the slot in the arm lines up with the bushing hole in the carb,but is about 1.5 inches away. If i bend it towards the hole,it binds up. I think this setup is also 4-barrel.Any ideas. I appreciate all the help,you guys are great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 01, 04:54 PM
Tech Team

see if you can find parts for a nova, they are quite similar to camaros in many ways. i hope this helps
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 01, 07:27 PM

The 2 bbl arm is a different length - I'll try and see if I have one I can measure for you (late tomorrow) -

It screws down - have you tried screwing it down to fit?

------------------
Steve
My Cars

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 01, 05:43 AM

hey jim,
i just swapped my 6 for a 327 as well, but i used an edelbrock carb. anyway, i got the kickdown linkage and i don't know if it was for a 2bbl or 4, but i ended up taking it to a machine shop and had them cut it and weld in about 1 1/2 inches of rod, this got it to the length i needed. my friend has a 327 w/ a 2bbl and i think his accelerator rod is the same as mine, but i haven't measured to be sure. everything's working good on mine. i couldn't believe the simplicity of the accelerator linkage on the V8 compared to the six, gotta love old cars
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 01, 04:35 PM
Tech Team

Cool

Jim all the V8 cars I have seen have the rod assemble though the firewall the diff is in the length of the rods , part #s 3955761 , 3912601 , 3923502. dont know the one you need , all diff as per your application you could go with a universal rod ,attainable at any speed shop . rod system that gose though the fire wall has part #s 3923503 , 3924409 , and 3909980 plus various nuts and bolts . the kick down is also diff depending on you application 8 cyl. use bracket # 3947512 and cable # 3947510 these are GM part #s call chevy and see what they got you my be surprised
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode