Another what is it work question, Help. - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 01, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I know this question has been asked to death, but here goes. I have located a 68 Camaro convertible. The top will do, but some seam weakening can be seen 6" above the rear window. It has a small dent in the bumper. It is a 6 cylinder car. Overall it is a nice car and the paint and sheet metal are very good. It was, what appears to be a quality restoration, from about 8 years ago. No bondo or obvious panel repair. The problem is the price. The owner and I agree it is a #2 car. VMR guide says it is worth $9900 with a 20% deduct the six. Nadaguides says $16000 with a 10% deduct for the six. These vary so widely that I am having a hard time deciding what to offer. They want $10000. I think less, but they don't. I am near Chicago if this helps to set a fair price. I know the price of our collector's cars seems to be drooping right now due to the political climate. Please help me determine an accurate price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 01, 03:13 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

To be quite honest with you, the biggest factor in determining worth is, and the same goes for you, is:

'What are you willing to pay for it'

...that determines worth.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 01, 03:33 PM

to me for a six, ten seems to much, is it a base car, or does it have any options? I think a 8 year old restoration is pretty old, I thinke you could find for ten or 12 a Very Nice or pretty good V8, might have to look a little harder for a convertible, I wouldn't pay that much!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 01, 04:48 PM
Senior Tech

WOW. I bought my 67 6cyl. coupe for $3000 CDN. unrestored. The car was decent with no VISIBLE rust-good enough to drive for 3 years. Shes restored now.
Ten seems awfully high unless the car is REALLY clean.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 01, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks for the reply's. I thought $10K was high too. I was thinking more like $8K. One of the biggest problems I have is reconciling the HUGE difference between Nadaguides and VMR. I wish I could explain this or at least understand it. Just to make things worse the owner's credit union is telling them it is worth $18K.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 01, 08:16 AM
Senior Tech

Chris, lots of other cars out there for sale and as you point out very well, it ain't the best economy right now so I have to believe the buyer has the advantage. Since this isn't a one of a kind car, be patient, keep looking, maybe after Christmas, the guy will be a little more hungry and call you back. Maybe you will find a better car for less. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode