Feedback Please - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 01, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bob

Hello all,

This is my first Muscle car project and I could use some feedback. Heres the story...
1969 Convertible, 307 w/ 3 speed manual trans. Norwood build, purchased in NY. Spen 1 year in Seattle and the the rest here in Los Angeles. The guy blew the motor in 1982 and it sat in a carport for 10 years, outside under a cover for 5, and the last 2 in my garage. The car needs lots of work but since I am new to this I thought some of you knowledgable people could look at some pix and give me some feedback.

Heres the plan...picked up a 350 block and plan to use it along with a Turbo 350 my buddy will build for me. Polygraphite suspension, OEM rubber subframe bushings, disc brakes up front.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
http://www.ipservices.com/camaro/ Exterior
http://www.ipservices.com/camaro/camarosusp.html - Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 01, 05:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charley

Garage
Cool car...I reccomend a 700R4 instead of the turbo 350.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 01, 05:19 PM

Thumbs up

Sounds good! Start spinin' wrenches and keep us informed. Jump in with both feet and a fat wallet! It's fun. I have been a member here for a long time and have found that if you do a search, there is very little that has not been covered. That is how I obtain background information so if needed, I can ask a more detailed question. I've done a few cars now, and will be happy to help. There is lots of good help here.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by paul! (edited 10-23-2001).]

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 01, 09:51 PM

I wish the last one I did was in that kind of shape.
You're going to have some fun and you will have a real feeling of accomplishment when you are finished, not to mention a real nice ride. Keep us posted on your progress.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 01, 05:17 AM
Senior Tech

photos
ziplock bags
permanent marking pen
manuals
this web site

Welcome to absolutely the greatest site on the net for someone restoring a Camaro! It's like having 8,000 buddies you can call up for help. As you start working on your car, take lots of pictures for future reference and to see your progress. Buy a box of each different size zip lock bags. Put every nut and bolt and part you take off in a bag and mark it with the PERMANENT marker (ink fades after a short while). Keep everything, even the junk, until the whole project is finished. You will go back and reference the used parts many times. Get the assembly manual, shop manual and maybe a restoration book that covers your car. Take your time and keep us posted on the progress. Good luck!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 05:39 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

The car looks like a wonderful project. Have fun and enjoy! This site does help. I would recommend getting a factory assembly manual. That book really helps. you can get one from most Camaro parts houses like classic industries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode