Authenic or no. - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Question

CHeck this out. eBay item #597133632-1969 Camaro 302 original mint used balancer.

Does this piece look like the real deal? How can you tell if it is not? I was told by someone that it isn't authenic, based on buying an NOS unit from GM just recently and that he has 3 69 302 motors and his dad has one as well.

Just curious.

Gary

1969 Cortez Silver Z28

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 11:37 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Talking

Thanks Dennis. I tried to do that by drag and drop but it didn't work. What is required for me to make that work?

Gary

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 01:20 PM
Senior Tech

From the photo it appears to be the correct 8" balancer (part# 3947708). The key clue for use on a 69 302 is that the keyway slot and the TDC timing mark are not in line relative to each other (as they were for 67 & 68 302's) and you can't determine this from the photo. If you Email the seller (Heartbeat City), I'm sure he'll give you the straight scoop. I've had good results dealing with this company.

I'm curious as to how your friend determined it is not a correct balancer.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Talking

Actually he's not my friend. This person put a $150.00 bid on the item in question and retracted it stating it was not authentic. I sent e-mail to him asking why he thought it wasn't authentic and his reply was that it didn't look like the ones on the 3 302 engines he has and not like the one on his fathers car or like the NOS one he just purchased new from GM.

I have one for the 67-68 302 (on eBy now) and one for the 69 302 and you are correct stating that about the timing marks being in different locations. Also, the 69 one has 7708M stamped on the front hub.

This kind of makes me curious as to what he has. I sent a reply to his e-mail about possibly sending some pics but haven't recv'd a response yet.

Gary

[This message has been edited by 69Z28 (edited 10-26-2001).]
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 01, 03:50 PM
BBS

Thumbs up

Just my 2 cents. I have been to the guys shop that is selling this balancer and I am pretty sure if he says that it is original, it "is" original. Again just my 2 cents.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 05:08 AM
Senior Tech
Kurt

I agree, if Jim (HBC) says its for a 69 302 then it's for a 69 302. I've delt with him numerous times he's very knowledgeable and he only deals with quality items. Plus if your not happy I'm sure he will give you a refund.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 05:35 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 69Z28:
Thanks Dennis. I tried to do that by drag and drop but it didn't work. What is required for me to make that work?

Gary
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just copy and past it from the location bar or type out the url begining with "http or www" Like this: www.camaros.net or https://camaros.net

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Talking

I have bought several items from Jim at HBC as well and with the exception of a grill I bought getting smashed (UPS) I haven't had any problems with parts. Thats why I was curious why this other gentleman stated it was not authentic...unless (hmmmmm!?) he just wanted to back out of the bid and that was the excuse that was used.

I did receive e-mail this A.M. that he would send pictures of what he has but nothing yet.

Thanks Dennis for the info. I didn't think of the copy paste scenario. This is what happens when you get old...at least for me anyway. Chuckle, chuckle.

Gary

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode