What d you the rest of you think? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I posted an add on this great web site. And this is an e-mail I got. What do you guy's and gal's think of this?

can i get a bag of what your smoking? 2 ****boxes for 13 grand?????? why would anyone bother when you can buy a numbers matching protecto-plate mint x33 z/28 for 25 to 28 grand done and ready to cruise? if somebody bought your clunkers all they get is a ton of work and something that doesn't have matching numbers.......this hobby and the people on this site make me want to puke!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

This is how I replied,
Dan,
You are welcome to your opinion. I am sorry if you are offended by my add. However it has been my experience from the thousands of Camaro enthusiast I have dealt with, that there are several types of buyers. Many individuals that that have money will buy a completely restored Camaro for $25 K-$40K; however, there is a larger demographic that either does not poses such large resources or wants to take the pride in being involved in there restoration process. I am not sure if you understand that many people want to express themselves by taste or even the quality of their craftsmanship. In my search for cars I have found, that many of the restored projects are substandard or inaccurate. As I am sure you are aware, the feeling of driving down the street with fellow commuters and enthusiast honking their horns or displaying a thumbs up is so much more gratifying than buying a car already done. When I attend a show or a cruise night in one of many self restored Camaros and my fellow comrades (actual meaning of the word Camaro in French) approaches me to compliment me or query my experience to help them with their projects, it gives me great pleasure to share my passion an pride. In regards to the conditions of my Camaros, I am curious of your experience with restoring a Camaro to mint condition. I have restored many and find it a fairly simple car to restore. Lets take one of my cars for example at $7,500, put aside some cash for paint and body, some more for engine and tranny and another 2K in misc. One would be well under the 25 K price tag without, having to acquire one lump sum. The car would be cherry and have matching numbers if you know what you are doing. When the project is complete you have a car worth the same amount built accurately to spec and built from the ground up; thus making it look and drive like new. The way I see it the investment is smaller and the labor involved is made up for in the difference in value.

I have a website that has been visited by over 10,000 visitors since January of this year and have corresponded with a good portion of them, which has educated me on the wants of the people associated with this hobby. I would appreciate if you take a second to put a little thought before you fly of the handle next time and write such a offensive letter with out knowing more about the hobby, me, my experience or even a detailed idea of the condition of my cars. I f you are interested in educating yourself more or seeing the picture of the 60 + Camaros I have available or even the ones I have restored look on Camaros.net and see the page of a happy gentleman that bought a car that I restored. He took the time to notice my understanding of the first generation Camaro and post a page praising my detailed work. Feel free to drop me a note. Take care.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 02:58 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
Well said, Tracy.

Why is he angry? If he thinks it is too much... he doesn't have to buy it.

------------------
Steve - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> My Camaros (updated 8/18/01)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Dana

tracyracy, Don't take it personally. I think your response to him was very professional. If I learned one thing when I sold one of my '69's on ebay recently is that there are alot of know-it-all jerks who like to tell you how much they know, how great what they have is and why what you have is an over priced piece of junk. Write them off and go about your business. I have not seen your cars but the asking price seems in the ballpark and the bottom line is they are worth what someone will pay. Good luck.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28, Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

[This message has been edited by DWCamaro69 (edited 10-27-2001).]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 03:27 PM
Tech Team

Tracy, There is a *** for every seat, just not his tight ***! Good luck on selling the cars! jrat
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 01, 07:01 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs down

The guy that sent you that email tried to sell a trim tag and VIN plate from a 69' Z28, in the for sale section of this site, he got really upset when I emailed him to get the numbers, turned them into the administrator of this site, and had the ad revoked. First class moron. He's got alot of nerve sending you that email, I'd just ignore it and consider the source.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 01, 11:31 AM

Yeah, I smell "Rustang" all over this Dan guy. He's probably 16 too.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 01, 07:08 PM
Senior Tech
Lonnie

Well Dan, I guess you like to puke since you are hanging out here. There is treatment for that.

------------------
67 Camaro 410sb 11.63 @117.6
67 Camaro 388 12.10 @110.6
website
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 01, 12:16 PM
Senior Tech
Tim

Way to go - much nicer than the way I reponded to a similar email I received. Some folks are just mad they don't have the resources to aquire the things they want - they have to take it out on someone.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 01, 05:20 AM

Hey Flatt,
Was that your camaro i saw on ebay recently? that was a fine looking car. Also, are you any relation to the Flatts in Mexia, TX? They're my in-laws is why I ask.
Tybor
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 01, 08:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DWCamaro69:
tracyracy, Don't take it personally. I think your response to him was very professional. If I learned one thing when I sold one of my '69's on ebay recently is that there are alot of know-it-all jerks who like to tell you how much they know, how great what they have is and why what you have is an over priced piece of junk. Write them off and go about your business. I have not seen your cars but the asking price seems in the ballpark and the bottom line is they are worth what someone will pay. Good luck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!!!!!!
If that isnt the truth!! Most of these jokers are not even interested in the cars they inquire or comment on. From my experience most of them are "WANNA BE'S" some who cant even afford daily transportation! Why are they even getting involved. I think some of these BOZOS have nothing better to do with there time. Maybe they should go to a movie, get a real job, or find a woman!!:P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode