1969 RS SS NASCAR 500 ?? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 01, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Cool

I have purchased a 1969 RS SS in Chattanooga Tenn.
White blue interior with every option fibre, windows am fm, tilt, shoulder seat belt harness and many other options. It came with white rims and small hub caps. This is the same as the NASCAR 500 car in FLoyd Garretts museum in Tenn. Has anyone heard of such a car? I cannot see anyone ordering this color combination amd all of the options. Apperently if it came with the white rims then that was a good possiabilty it may be one. But I cannot not find any info on it I do know it sat at the dealership for two years before selling the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 01, 11:16 PM
Jeff

There was one i believe for the Datona 500 race in 69 and one of the Magazines had a feature on one of the cars that was found and restored. I will try to locate it and let you know what mag and publication month if I can find it.
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 01, 11:34 PM
Jeff

did a search and SS PATROL says the car was in the July 2000 issue of Muscle Car Review. I have it around here somewhere i will try to find it and scan the article for you and e-mail it to you.
Jeff

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 01, 02:27 PM
Stephen Dale

I've seen an article this yesr on this car as well but couldn't locate it. Try going to https://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum6/HTML/000968.html
It will take you to a page posted earlier tyis year. Try contacting the members that replied, they might be able to help you. Will continue to look as several of my magazines are misplaced. Was most likely in PHR, Super Chevy, or Speedway Illustrated. Damn fine/rare car. Hope you find what you're looking for. Please post pics if possible as this is definitly one of the cars that make the 1st gen. Camaros what we love the most!

------------------

67 Nemesix
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 01, 03:45 PM
Tech Team

For you Camaro helpers the vin is 124679N563761 the car was purchased at Adcox Chev in Chattanooga Tenn.I recieved my paper work and Herb Adcox www.herbadcoxchevy.com owned the car for two years. I e-mailed them but I did not get a reply, I recieved all of the paper work from State of Tenn. right to the owner that I purchased the car from. Manufacturer's State of orgin shows reads Dec 19,1968 as vehical transferred from G.M. I guess? Price on car was 3413.69 on invoice Herb Adcox kept the car for 16 months before he sold it for 2650.00 cool info! I will post the cowl tag info Wed if anyone would be interested.
Other options on car Pwr, windows, top, steering, tilt,fibre, Urathane frnt Bmpr, Tilt, Bleu dot Am Fm, Fold Rear, Rear Bumperettes, Guages, Console, Rosewood, deluxe, Thank you every one for your input! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by multi99:
I have purchased a 1969 RS SS in Chattanooga Tenn.
White blue interior with every option fibre, windows am fm, tilt, shoulder seat belt harness and many other options. It came with white rims and small hub caps. This is the same as the NASCAR 500 car in FLoyd Garretts museum in Tenn. Has anyone heard of such a car? I cannot see anyone ordering this color combination amd all of the options. Apperently if it came with the white rims then that was a good possiabilty it may be one. But I cannot not find any info on it I do know it sat at the dealership for two years before selling the car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 01, 01:28 AM
Senior Tech

I think the pacecars useally had numariclly low gears in the rears for for pacing the field at like 60-65 mph for several laps .this could be quite a few miles to run a car with higher gear ratio's .
just some thing you might want to check into.

------------------
drive it like you stole it!!!
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 bolt posi
my camaros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode