Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

Cool

Just thought i'd ask ?
I Enjoy building model cars I figured most of us do . Show your stuff if you can .
http:/hometown.aol.com/c1run1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 10:50 AM

I build 1/24th every once ina while but my love is the diecast 1/18th i had about 50 and then 6 or 7 1/24th 3 crystal models and 4 first gens. Exoticar is the place to find them and prices are pretty good. Ive been collecting them since i was 4 i got a SL500 and my newest was an escalade. It might seem like a long time but im 15 remember. When i get my own place they will go everywhere around the house or apartment.
Tim
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 11:29 AM
Senior Tech
TOM

I've got an ERTEL model of my car, that's got everything matching on it, right down to the licence plates and numbers. took the plates off the real car and put them in a color copier, and reduced he size till they fit the model. The model only comes with he black stripes, so they had to be painted over with white.I also made a console for it, as i've got an automatic trans & meters too. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/album...714&a=12960528

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 11:48 AM
Tech Team

Exclamation

i have 38 model cars that i have built since i was 10 years old. all but 1 are 1/25 and 1/24 scale the other is a 1/12 scale 69 Z/28 from monagram(?). here lately it has been hard to find time to build them. it is one of my favorite pass times though.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 01:31 PM
Senior Tech

Cool

C1 I also build model cars. Am a model car buying fool off of ebay! haha I am currently slowly acquiring the stuff to do a replica of me 1:1 68.
Bill

------------------
1968 SS 396 Camaro http://community.webshots.com/user/bzacek
1983 K5 Blazer, 1986 Mustang 5.0, 1993 C10 P/U
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 01:46 PM
Senior Tech

I just bought a model of a 68 rs/ss off of Ebay. It is made by Palmer Plastics. I am not sure what year it was made but it is old. The original price printed on the box is for $1.79 so it has to be old. In fact building models as a kid is what made me fall in love with the Camaro. Erik
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 03:27 PM
Stephen Dale

c1run1, I'll bet the majority of us have built/are building models. 68RS/SS396, check ebay after/if Jeff Gordon wins 8 titles. I have a new in the box/wrapper with the price sticker Chromalusion car that will be up for bid.

------------------

67 Nemesix
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 04:00 PM
Senior Tech
Freddie

I have boxes full of models. I built them all the time when I was a kid. I plan on starting again soon with my kids. I just need to make time to do it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 04:02 PM
Jeff

Thumbs up

Model Cars and sports cards along with Camaros. Check Wal-Mart just picked up a 69 Green Motion Camaro box sows it as copyrighted 2001.
Jeff 67/68 & 69 Rs's 65 442
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 01, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Joe

Lets see if i can get a working link ?????http://hometown.aol.com/c1run1/

[This message has been edited by c1run1 (edited 11-13-2001).]
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 04:50 AM
Tech Team

i've just finished building the same baldwin motion camaro that "HawaiianCamaro" was talking about. working on a corvette c5-r racer now, i'll see how that one turns out. i have about a dozen, and about half as many in the 1/24 bone yard, those didnt turn out as good, but just like real life i can swap parts. a good source for blown big blocks, too bad i can't use 'em.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 06:55 AM
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

c1run1- awesome work! That Chevelle is beautiful, as is the Camaro. I still have tons of them up in the closet. I get the itch to work on them quite a bit, but don't have the time. Even tougher is trying to explain to my 3 and 6 year olds why they can't "help".
I've been buying models for my son to build- they usually live for about 3 or 4 days before they're crashed into a bazillion pieces. And they wonder why I won't let them near my die-casts!
I'll take some pics of mine and post them here.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 01, 01:50 PM
Senior Tech
TOM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode