------------------
My '69 Camaro Convertible

[This message has been edited by mr69 (edited 11-30-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 04:51 PM
Senior Tech
Tim

That's the second one I've ever seen. I'm not much of a '69 expert - could you get a powerslide in a ss 350 in 69??
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 05:12 PM
Senior Tech

Thumbs down

Look closely on the trim tag, that's an X-44 car, certainly not an "SS" of any kind. Sweet car though, love those colors. I didn't see "clone" in the ad anywhere, that would have been nice. Somebody will buy it thinking it's a real SS.......good grief. KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!
The Texas Tornado lives!
http://www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd/

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 05:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Hey KZ, you looked at the trim tag, didn't you notice something strange with those rivets? Great looking car although, but by just looking at the odometer, I can say my 68 has only 43K miles?

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 06:03 PM
Senior Tech
Joel

The add dosent say anything about the car being a SS.I think the owner described the car very nicely,as for the trim plate rivets they look fine compared to the Camaro`s a other Chevy`s I have had have.This Camaro look`s very nice and I for one would love to have it, if only I had room for another one.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 06:22 PM
Senior Tech

I didn't see anything wrong with the rivets, besides, why would somebody fake an "X-44" trim tag? The owner is very careful with his wording, but I still think it's misleading, I mean, he doesn't say it's an SS, but he doesn't say it's not an SS car either. You and I might look at that car and realize it's a clone in 2 seconds, but not everyone is as smart as you and me......That's just my .02 cents.......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!
The Texas Tornado lives!
http://www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd/
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 06:26 PM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

The ad is just that; an ad. You can tell by the wording that the sellers are being ambiguous and playing ignorant. Still, it is a beautiful car and the pics are awesome. I'm still shaking my head over the original mileage part, but that's just me.

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 09:35 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Cool that is the first orange orange car I have seen.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...9124&a=8603468
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 01, 11:59 PM
Senior Tech

look at the middle of the steering wheel, where the SS emblem is. something was peeled off. probably nothing major, but it kind of stuck out to me.wonder why they just didn't put Z/28 badges on it.
i do like that color combo. someday my nova will look similar to that.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 01, 04:37 AM
Tech Team

Red face

I know this is minor also but the car has the Trim package (louvers, wheel well trim..) but the rear tail light lenses and headlights are missing the chrome trim.

[This message has been edited by Billb (edited 12-01-2001).]
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 01, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike H

novaderrik, i think you are right, i didnt notice it, but it looks like the standard bowtie emblem on the steering wheel shroud (which is round) was taken off and replaced with the SS emblem......
One other thing that seems odd is if it has 27k orig. miles, why is the engine not original? Very nice car though-
The reserve has been met, its off the the races!

------------------
My '69 Camaro Convertible

[This message has been edited by mr69 (edited 12-01-2001).]
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 01, 11:04 AM
Senior Tech
William

Orange/orange was not at all unusual here in WI. Of the 3 Z/28s I've owned, 2 were o/o, one with JL8. A friend nearby has a Z/28-RS, black vinyl & stripes though. A former co-worker is the original owner of an o/o COPO purchased from Dale Chev, where most of this combo seem to have come from. There were also several other non-HP Camaros in these colors.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 01, 09:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Wink

That is a really sweet car, and yes the owner has not tried to say it is an "SS". So I don't think anyone should be trying to say otherwise.
Whatever it is, it has been done well. My criticism is, that back seat sure looks like a repro cover to me, notice the wrinkles???? I would not think a car with low mileage should require this??
Then again "ORANGE" is my favourite colour??
What do you think?
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 01, 04:52 AM
Senior Tech
Eric

I'm just a little bugged - the owner DID say the car is an SS. He did not put it in the ad, but the SS emblems are all over the car! I think that if one is selling something that is fake (or a clone) he has the RESPONSIBILITY to say so.

If I sell a cubic-zirconia ring that looks like a diamond ring, at a diamond ring price, in a box that says diamond ring, then I'm the crook for not saying anything to an unwary buyer whether my ad says anything or not. We're the equivalent to the jewelers - we KNOW how to spot clones and fakes, but 99% of the population does not.

Very nice car though.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 01, 05:48 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Did everyone read the verbage? Here's a chunk of it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We cannot document the actual miles but if you look this car over you will come to same conclusion we have and we think it is actual miles? The car purrs like it just came of the line. We will get some pictures of the undercarriage as soon as we get a nice sunny dry day here, and we will post them ASAP. We have taken a picture of the data plate for your viewing, here are a few of the #'s we found on the motor: TO444CTB, 12J25162 the 6 my be a "G", CM9T, 3999290. We don't know what we have exactly, but we do know we have a great looking car that is in need of nothing to enjoy now<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody said anything about the Z valve covers or the chrome thermostat housing or the hockey stripe around the 350 emblems . It's not even a D80 car!!!

Anyone that does just the smallest amount of homework will know what they are buying. Anyone that buys it and thinks it's a real SS can't say they got the impression from the seller... The seller is bold is thinking the 27K miles isn't 127K or 227K and a bit bold not knowing what he has (X44) but he has presented all the facts and that's the important thing!!

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode