Mid Missouri Camaro Owners? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

How many of you out there are from Mid-Misouri? I am trying to start a Camaro club in the area. If interested in joining, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 02:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Hey this looks familiar! Hi Jim!

------------------
-Randy
Cars:
<A HREF="http://www.camaroclubkc.com/rpaxton.htm" TARGET=_blank>68 RS/SS BB ragtop
</A>RWHP: 329.4 RWTQ: 398.9
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Hi Randy, Hope you and yours had a great Christmas. Just trying another avenue to see if I can scare up some more interest. Jim

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 11:08 AM
Senior Tech

I live about 90 miles from Jeff City. I'm in Wentzville.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mark, Would love to hear from you. I took a look at your car. Nice job. I am hoping to spark some interest in the middle part of the state. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

------------------
69 SS, 350, 4 Speed
75 400, 4 Speed
93 Z28, 6 Speed
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 12:34 PM
Senior Tech

I go to the Dam Car clubs show every year at the Lake, except for this year because they didn't have it. I hope they have it in '02. I go to this site alot, even though it's mostly late model guys, http://www.mofba.com/forums/index.php

Here's a St. Louis camaro club, not much there though. http://www.gatewaycamaro.com/

Do they still have those super cruises in Jeff City? I went to one about 2 years ago.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 01, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mark, They still have the Super Cruises the last Saturday of the month from April through October. They moved from the Capital Mall to Downtown Jeff City on High Street just east of the Capital. Much better atmosphere, easier to get in and out of. We try not to miss any of them. We usually go to the O'Reilly Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals at the lake at the end of April. Just finished the 69 in September and plan to take it there if the weather is good. I will keep trying to stir up some interest. Jim

------------------
69 SS, 350, 4 Speed
75 400, 4 Speed
93 Z28, 6 Speed
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 01, 05:08 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Jim

I'm in the Hallsville area (north of Columbia). We started up a small group last summer. Hopefully it will grow larger this year without me buying too many more cars. We're just a small bunch of guys getting together and telling lies. Nothing formal. Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested.

The bad thing in this area is everything/everyone is so spread out. What's convenient for one guy is a 100 mile round trip for the next guy. Let me know if you get a club started up. I'm sure I could find a guy or two to pop in. How 'bout it pdq?

Mark
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 01, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks for the response. I do have a couple of people from Boonville and a couple from Jeff City that are interested in starting a club for informal meetings and gatherings at the city parks to show off Camaros and shoot the breeze. I want to tout this as a forum for all Camaro owners not just those with show cars or race cars. There are acouple of us that are very god mechanics and want to offer our services free of charge to work on members cars to further the hobby. Do you ever get to Jeff City for the Super Cruises? They are a great time but my goal is to make a closer bond with the Camaro owners.

------------------
69 SS, 350, 4 Speed
75 400, 4 Speed
93 Z28, 6 Speed
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 01, 04:53 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Hi Jim,
I'am from Lake of the Ozarks nice to hear from you. I have been to the super cruise in Jeff City a couple of times a year, I might see you there or at the Magic dragon show. Mark, we are going to have the Dam car club show this year in 02. Sorry about not having it last year but the roads were a mess with all the new construction and building a new Lowes store
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 01, 04:54 PM
Senior Tech

I live close to centertown, mo, about 12-14 miles from jeff city, i have a '67, there should be a link to my site in my signature

------------------
67 camaro SSclone, 350 ci bored .030, turbo350, 3:08-soon to be 12 blt. 4:10, B&M mega-shifter, K&N air cleaner, 750 holley, cragar s/swheels, elec fan
http://communities.msn.com/DereksCarAlbum/ourcars.msnw
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 01, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thumbs up

mo laker and silver streak, Great to hear from you. silver streak, I have seen your car, nice ride. mo laker, what do you drive? If the weather is good, we will bring one or two of the cars to the Magic Dragon show. I am glad your both interested in joining a local club. The wife and I attended the KC Camaro Club Christmas party and noted that the people there were absolutely great. They are Camaro people. There are a few of us so far. I know we will have to start small. If you want to contact me directly, my e-mail address is [email protected].
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 01:38 PM
Tech Team

Cool

Count me in as well. I am in Wentzville too.

------------------
Doug Thiel
69SS 355/TH400/9"
http://hometown.aol.com/dddthiel/myhomepage/photo.html
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 09:46 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Sounds good but I keep strange hours so long distances aren't good for me. I'm planning to join the Gateway Camaro club so I can park with the Camaros at the Forest Park Easter Show. Last year I was next to a Ferrari Testarossa. I couldn't help but to look for a bag of cocaine and an Uzi in the front seat.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...9124&a=8603468
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 07:43 AM
Tech Team
Rodney

I am in Montgomery City, it will be mid summer before camaro is back together but mid MO. club is good ideal. I am in Gateway Chevelle club, real good people but hard for me to hit St. Louis area meetings

------------------
Rodney Colbert 70 Chevelle SS Real L-78 4-speeed 68RS/SS 350HP 396 400 turbo red with black top red interior AC PS PB 12 bolt posi #s Matching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode