Traded 69 for 2002 - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

Well i'm not sure if i did the right thing but after working almost 4 years on my 69 camaro conv. big block matching numbers, somebody came along and offered my the money i had invested. was almost finished but had another 2 years and 8000.00 to go. I knew the day would come and would try to hold off but i guess he got me on the right day. Today my 2002 35th aniv. came in at the dealer, will get it next week and get it trailered home and put it away in the basement for the winter. Only 152 cars planned to be built for Canada. Hope I don't regret this dicision to mutch. Time will tell.

------------------
2002 35th aniversity camaro, LS1 6 speed, T top, every option possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 11:36 AM
Tech Team

in the basement?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 11:55 AM
Senior Tech

I dont know how old you are, but 30 years from now, maybe someone will be on this site asking about that classic 2002! It may be a good investment for the future, and this is just my opinion, but just think what that 69 would be worth in a lot less time than that.
I guess as long as you are satisfied, do'nt worry about what other people say. If you would have posted the question of wheather you should have sold the 69 to buy the new one, I imagine most of the replies would have been against it, but at least you put your money in a Camaro, and someone else will finish the 69.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 02:08 PM
Senior Tech

Wink

You're going to like that '02 SS!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 02:41 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
go have fun with the new car, and quite worring about it!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 03:06 PM
hideaway

if you don,t have NITE MARES i will- BAD MOVE DUDE.....
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 03:55 PM
Senior Tech

It's your decision. New cars are nice to have too, you don't have to worry about reliability issues. As far as it ever being a classic, I doubt it. It my opinion all the classics have already been made, about 30 years ago .

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 04:09 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

You can always find another 69 SS 396 conv if you really want. At them moment, it sure seems like a decent deal. But, I guess it all depends on what you end up doing with the 02. I traded a Tacoma 4x4 for my 93 Indy Pace Car so it already had 28K miles so I don't mind driving it every day. These newer cars are just plain awesome and very easy to modify. I sold a 69 JL8 Z28 fully documented needing restoration 2-1/2 years ago and started to regret it and I was fortunate enought to find another one which I am currently having restored. You'll be able to get another 69 if you really want one that much. Good luck with the 02.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 04:24 PM

i think that was a good move. now you will always know how that car started out, that car is going to be desired, as for your old car, you can always start a new project, if you dont feel good about that, you can sell that car for alot of money and get a new project and have all the cash you need right there, how much are thoes 02's like 35000 right?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

They go for 47000 plus taxes up here in Canada and is hard to negotiat when the demand is more than they can supplies. My freind had to go get his deposit back on a aniversity trans-am, they could not supplie him one. he found one at 8000.00 over sticker price at a dealer, he did not take it.

------------------
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 05:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joseph l clance

Lightbulb

Why not wait for the next generation camaro and continue to restore your 69. Wouldn't it be cool if the 2005 was a 69 retro that you could order to clone you oringinal 69. It would be like twilight zone, a parallel universe,t see a 69 and a retro 2005 that were identical colors and trim. If the 2005 looks anything like a 69, the marketing campagne of GM will make the 69 seem legendary and surely help the value of the 69 Camaro.
Thats my statagy , and i'm waiting for teh 2005 camaro, dusk blue w/ white interior just like my 69!
joe c
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 01, 05:54 PM
Senior Tech
frank

Burney are you from British Columbia?I'd love to see it cruisin around!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 05:47 AM
Senior Tech
JC

Send a message via AIM to JC69RSZ28
Talking

You will love your new car, and enjoy it for years to come worry free... There is always another 69 out there waiting, Enjoy
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 05:52 AM
Senior Tech

47000????

man I should move to Canada, I would be rich! I would finally bust that 6 figure salary, however the CAD vs USD $$$ figures are too far fetched. I guess a Pack of smokes costs like 9 bux CAD.. heheh

------------------
Chris's 67 RS 327,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I'm from N;B. I had been working on the car for almost 4 years, and didn't have a car to cruise with my freinds, was kind of loosing touch with the gang. before that I always had something cool. I'm also a full time mecanic, and starting to not like to work on my car every night, going to give me more free time with the family and to drive.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode