wont start in the rain - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

My 94 Z-28 has been acting strange lately. It doesnt want to start when it rains. It will turn over, but it acts like a car from the good old days, when you got the distributor wet, and it just wouldnt start. I like my 94, I've had it for 7 years now, but you just cant work on them. I cant even change the plugs! I have a repair manual that says the type of distributor in those years were prone to moisture getting in through the distributor vent system. It gives several items to check, but I have been under, over, around, and every other way, and I havent found any kind of vent system that goes to the distributor. You have to have an act of congress to take the distributor off, so I cant check it for cracks. Has anybody else had this problem?
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 11:15 AM
Senior Tech

I have an LT-1 from a 95 Z-28 that I am putting in an S-10.....it has a vacuum hose that goes from the distributer cap up to the air intake tube between the mass airflow sensor and the throttle body. I believe this was done to correct the problem You describe..I think there was a TSB from Chevy to upgrade the old style to the newer vented style...Maybe a Chevy Tech can add to this and give You some part numbers...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks. Thats one of the things my repair manual says to check. I guess 94 models dont have it. I also had problems with my dis. 3 years ago. It had to be replaced because it went bad and the car ran like it had no plug wires at all. The dealer told me this was a problem with 93 and 94 models. I guess Ill have to take it to the service dept. and let them work on it. Thanks again for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode