100hp shot through an LS1......... - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 01, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

A buddy of mine just bought a '99 SS and he wanted me to post this. He's done some basic mods, Borla catback, dual highflow cats, K&N whisper intake, hypertech chip and he just bought a dry system and wants to know if he would experience any problems running a 100hp through the engine occasionaly on the street/strip. I said probrobly not, the T56's are good for about 460-475ft lbs. of torque, but I wasnt sure about the engine, fuel delivery and the rear end, would a 100 shot be fine on the 5.7 with just those mods? or would it be pushing it?

------------------
1990 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI.

www.geocities.com/camaromandan/home.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 01, 05:26 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to jrager
I don't know much about the Dry systems but I had a 150HP shot on my 1988 Camaro 350 and the motor was fine up to 100k and then some.
I injected fuel and nitrous behind the throttle body.
From what I have read you should only spray computer controlled cars at full throttle.
With just a chip and some exhaust and intake upgrades you should have no problem spraying but be careful if you have altered the timing. You don't want to back fire through the intake.
I would contact the manufacture of the kit and ask them what they recomend for usage.

------------------
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 01, 10:09 AM
Senior Tech

i remember reading a nitrous install on an LS1 powered Z28 a few years ago, and they simply drilled a hole in the intake duct right in front of the MAF meter. this made the computer automatically add more fuel when it sensed the extra oxygen from the nitrous- nothing else had to be done. i have heard of big shots of nitrous going thru these engines with no problems.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode