HElp! :) - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Hey guys...umm I just got an 87' Camaro Z28 for my 16th birthday....I have no clue about cars...but all i know is this one is pretty and fast..and its black with gold stripes..alli know about my car is..that its a v-8 5.o liter...dual exhaust..w/t-tops...can anyone else help me with knowing more about my car?...like...horsepower and stuff..and all the jazz..okay thanks everyone

Christine..im not even a "camaroqueeN"..im such a loser..haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 05:08 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
hmm, its most likely a 305 cubic inch Tuned Port Injected engine.
700-r4 transmission
7.5" 10 bolt rear, most likely a peg leg 2.73.
I'm i on Q so far guys?
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 05:10 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to CamaroNOTcamero
probably somewhere around 190hp.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks..so what exactly does all that mean?......i bet you guys are all..WHY IS SHE EVEN ASKINg....i feel so dumb .....anyways..if you guys are annoyed or anything..i would understand if you guys didnt help me out..but so far..thanks...what does horsepower exactly mean?

MANY THANK YOU'S!!
Christine
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

oh yea...another thing you guys might help me is...finding like..websites..or other places where i can read up on camaros and stuff...i looked..but i guess im not cool enough to find anythign useful..well anyways..thanks again

CHristine
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 07:08 PM
Tech Team

We will be happy to help you out anyway we can. On behalf of everybody here welcome to our world We help everybody. From old farts to the next generation of car owners. Everybody has to learn somehow and there are no stupid questions. Goodluck with your new Camaro.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 07:14 PM
Tech Team

A 5.0 liter is 305 cubic inches. Most of us refer to the engine's displacement in cubic inches. A 700r4 is a automatic transmission with 4 forward gears and 4th gear being an overdrive. A peg leg refers to an open differental in the rear axle(your drive axle) 2.73 is the rear axle gear ratio. 7.5" 10 bolt stands for a 7.5" ring gear in the rear axle and 10 bolt is how many bolts there are that bolt the rear cover on to the axle
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 07:16 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
You should visit the club web site linked in my signature below and visit the links section there. Also go to the main page here www.camaros.net and start surfing.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 02, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

THANKS!

well heres the thing..im 16 wanting a new car and we see this 81' Jaguar...burgundy..and i was all hey..i want that car...so my dad goes to the guy...and we find out that it had a chevy engine put into it replacing the original one i guess..so the owner was all yea it works but hold on i gotta do a little something to it...so..to make this short..he lied to us saying that it worked..the car never worked int he first place ...o well..so then i was all sad..

So There i was all sad again...and me and my friends were "chillin" and we all have this facination with the classic 80's Mullet...ya knwo the hair cute..short in front long in back?...well we all say that every guy that has a mullet must have a CAMARO...and i was all SWEET i wanta camaro..

so next day my moms driving downt he street and she see's this big black car...no idea what kind it is..and she just bought it..basically cuase it looked liek a strong car ..strong enough that if i got in an accident i wouldnt get hurt that bad..ANYWAYs..so thats my life story me and my camaro..camaro and me...

I just want to say thanks again for "welcoming" me ig uess...im just a girl..so i dont knwo that much..but im really into knowing more about my car..thanks again

i'll catch you all on the flipside i guess ahha

Christine
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 02:16 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Spames
2.73 is a little low for the gears. I have my money on 3.23's. Lot's of those cars came with possi's too. I'm not sure if any of this is helping though.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 02:36 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Spames Tha lower the # the higher the gear. Was you thinking backwards
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 02:37 AM
Senior Tech

Christine,

Welcome to the board & congratulations on your new car. Don't worry about what you don't know about cars; just start learning and asking questions.

Everyone here will help you out as best you can. Cars are not terribly hard to understand--well, the basics anyway. The great thing is once you get started, it's one of those subjects that you never get finished with. There's always more to learn & try.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 02:54 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Spames
Low in number that is.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 05:41 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Wink

Mullet?? Sheeesh...

Mark
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 06:19 AM
Tech Team

i just wrote an article about 3rd gen (82-92) firebirds, since the 3rd gen camaro and firebird are pretty much the same as far as power-train goes this article might be useful. i will send it to your e-mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode