Where to find these RUST free camaros - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2001 General Tech questions from 2001
Replies ONLY, no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Anybody know of any good websites that have first gen camaros parts stock piled waiting to be sold? My 67 camaro is rusted out and i'm thinking of going to arizona or california to get a roller project...

[This message has been edited by Broken Ride (edited 01-08-2002).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 12:59 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Go to www.traderonline.com and search through the "classics". These cars are in demand and not just sitting side by side on local car lots. I had a good laugh when I read "stock piled"... I'm not sure why CA has a rep for having rust free cars. I do see a lot of rust buckets on the streets though I'm sure it's worse in other places. A first gen that doesn't need any panals replaced in running condition ready to start a restore might set you back $7K here if it isn't anything special. For $10K you might find something with an ok paint job that would fall into the daily driver arena.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:04 PM
Senior Tech

Wink

National Parts Depot, Year One, Classic
Industries...(some assembly required)LOL
sorry jus had to do it.
Jeff

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Laugh if you want... I did have a site that had over 70 first gen cars for sale (mostly rollers, shells, and subframes) But I lost that site when my computer crashed... When I asked for help with my car that needs rust repair, and everyone says to dump it and buy a RUST FREE shell, from az, or cali... Maybe this is where I get the idea that they are readily available.... Also, just to let you know, they are all over up here as well, just rusted out...
Thanks for your help...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

DjD... I just need a shell or roller, not in running condition... It doesn't need interior, because I have that... It doesn't need a motor, because I have that.. Same goes for the Tranny, and Front clip... I even have the quarters and doors for both sides... I want a roller or shell to replace my rusted out shell... So if it's been sitting in the sun for 20 years, I don't care...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:42 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

I come across them out here, but they still do have some rust.....The floors aren't gone but the area behind the rear wheels has rust.

I talked to a guy in Tucson about a rust free shell, just like you are looking for(except it's a 69) and he wanted 1500-2000 for it.

They come up out here now and again....I think that if the person knows what they have you may pay up to 4k for a roller.

I second the autotrader thing:

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com

search in AZ or CA.

Also to search the AZ Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/class/auto

You can see whats for sale in our local paper.

I hope that helps!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:46 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

I forgot....Were you thinking of automotiveimage.com? I now they HAD a bunch of stuff. I talked to them and they said they were getting rid of there camaros and camaro parts and concentrating on late model mustangs.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

There is a company up here that goes down to the states and brings them up as a soild starting points for projects... They sell rollers for 5 grand cdn... I just might have to get one of those...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thats the site.... THANK YOU... I've been searching for that site for 3 weeks straight
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 04:52 PM
Tech Team

Contact David T. at www.davidt.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Good Shells available last time i called
also you pay in Canadian Dollars
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 05:07 PM
Senior Tech

i got my California Nova from a "recycling yard" (junk yard in the old days) that goes out west in search of nice older cars. they have a soft spot for pre-72 novas, 67-69 camaros, and 64-72 Chevelles. they find some nice stuff. i got my 65,000 mile, 307 nothing Nova 3 years ago for $2500, and i think they get about triple that for an equivalent camaro. not sure what they get for rollers.
this is the place www.frenchlakeautoparts.com or http://www.flapinternational.com/

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

[This message has been edited by novaderrik (edited 01-08-2002).]
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 05:45 PM
Senior Tech

Try Camaro1.com. I had a hard time finding some window parts for my 69 and they were able to help me out at a reasonable price. I think they are in the mid-west somewhere so I don't know how "rust-free" their shells will be. I purchased my 69 here in the L.A. area two years ago. Looked at 20 or so over two months before I came across my car. If you're thinking of coming down here to get a car prepare yourself for possible disappointment because most cars are rusty and the good ones move fast. I lost out on a car that was in the paper one day! You may get lucky to find a car in a weekend but more likely it would take at least a week.

Joseph
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech

Exclamation

Funny you should post this. I have a roller, completly rust free (And i mean COMPLETLY) that i picked up in AZ for 3200. I decided to scrap the project, and use a running vehicle, and now i have a 68 roller that i HAVE to get rid of asap. My home owners assoc is complaining about it. Email me if you want pics of it.
Tyler

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/tyler_beauregard.htm" TARGET=_blank>
68-LT1-T56
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/5050.htm" TARGET=_blank>
50/50
</A>
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 02, 07:26 PM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

Brokenride,
When you find a lead on that site let me know. In the last two years I've traveled
to Florida, Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma and made phone calls (at great expense) to many others trying to track down a solid completely rust free rolling chassis. It took me over a year to find a 69 I was willing to buy after selling my 68. I saw very few Camaros in the Southwest and quite a few in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. Stay away from the gulf coast though. those cars rust from the top down, just the opposite of ours up here in Michigan where they rust from the bottom up. Only good thing about the Texas gulf coast cars is all the rust is there to see, you don't have to get underneath them like up here!
Good Luck,
Dave

[This message has been edited by SY1 (edited 01-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by SY1 (edited 01-08-2002).]
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 02, 05:01 AM
Senior Tech

I might have a rust free 69 project for sale in the next month or so. It all depends on how this shake up at FORD turns out. If any of you in Michigan are looking for a rust free, clean 69 project, shoot me an email.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode